2012 Honda Fit brake fluid capacity

All,

Thank you for all the help over the years. My Hondas run smoothly thank to your assistance.

I am about to have the 2012 Fit’s brake job done. I had the fluids changed 2 years and about 15k miles ago so it is up in the air if i should get that done. The mechanic I am using doesn’t carry parts or supplies so I need to know how much fluid to bring. I recall 2012 Fit uses DOT-IV.

Thanks

1 qt should do it as long as you evacuate all of the old fluid (in the reservoir) being starting. It also takes DOT3, I would stick with DOT3 unless you want to flush it often.

Have him check the spark plugs for tightness.

My Son in Law's #3 blew out a couple of years ago and #2 loosened up last weekend, but I was able to save it.
I had to Timesert #3 and it's been good.
This.

Have him check the spark plugs for tightness.

My Son in Law's #3 blew out a couple of years ago and #2 loosened up last weekend, but I was able to save it.
I had to Timesert #3 and it's been good.
All original spark plugs were replaced recently with 170k on them. All were good except #2 which broke off and put the vehicle in limp mode. Life had been busy and I neglected (no other words would do) the maintenance outside of oil and ATF fluid change as I can do those in the afternoon with limited tools and no lift.

1 qt should do it as long as you evacuate all of the old fluid (in the reservoir) being starting. It also takes DOT3, I would stick with DOT3 unless you want to flush it often.

This.
Thanks Critic. I’ll check and use DOT-III if that was spec for it. You saved my bacon in maintaining my 2002 Accord a few times way back when I had access to the lift and did most of my work.

Just buy the larger bottle (32oz) for a few shekels more. You’ll be amazed at how much dirty fluid comes out. Start at the furthest brake bleeder and work your way to the closest brake bleeder. I hate running out of fluid once the car is in the air. I use a manual suction vacuum pump that sucks the fluid through the brake bleeder. Once it looks clean coming out I close off the bleeder valve and go to the next one. Keep the reservoir filled. And start this whole process by sucking out the brake fluid reservoir the a Turkey baster and then refill with new dot3. Good luck!

Back