2012 Accord drain and refill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It doesn't matter what the references say. It matters how much comes out.....

Of course that assumes the level is spot on or close to begin with. Generally speaking though, If you've checked the level prior or it's been your vehicle and you've done the d&f before, it is a good starting reference point. Being frugal, I just use an empty 5qt oil or MaxLife ATF gallon jug I have on hand for recycling purposes. Gets me a close enough reference point to start.

I've read the 'idle the car until fan comes on' recommendation. I prefer to take the vehicle for a ride after the d&f and go though all the gears then check the dipstick. Just me. I see the 2012 still has the, 30 second time check window between 60 and 90 seconds after engine shut down. Its a unique one.

Curious what the dealer charged per quart for DW1?

With the '11 in my sig, I raise the driver's side slightly to put the drain plug lower than the rest of the transmission, and I get almost 3 full quarts that way.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Curious what the dealer charged per quart for DW1?

It was $6.58 a quart.

^^^^Relatively speaking for DW1, that's not too bad. List, Honda retail is $8.23 and H&A Accessories has it for $6.18. That doesn't include shipping which is prohibitive to the east coast but they give a good reference point for Honda pricing.

I'd say your dealer didn't gouge you in this case.

The 2.4 engine has a filter on top towards the cabin. The V6 has a filter under the airbox in a small chamber, a pain to get to.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
^^^^Relatively speaking for DW1, that's not too bad. List, Honda retail is $8.23 and H&A Accessories has it for $6.18. That doesn't include shipping which is prohibitive to the east coast but they give a good reference point for Honda pricing.

I'd say your dealer didn't gouge you in this case.

For some reason, Honda dealers always give you the higher price on the phone, and then sell it to you for ~ $2 less. At least around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back