2011-up ~250hp daily driver for <$15K?

How are spark plugs on the engine in the FWD variant? 290 hp, FFV, and 36 MPG sounds great, but I've never owned a Mopar.

Is the FFV virtual, or do they actually use a sensor?
Not sure, haven’t had to do them on my Grand Caravan... will likely let someone else do it though. On the 300, the hardest part is removing the upper intake manifold.

My mom has a 2013 Chrysler 200 with the V6. It’s slightly detuned vs what my 300 had (~285hp vs 300) but they’re quick... just watch the torque steer! I’m not sure about the flex fuel, I can check on the van though, I assume they’d use a similar system. The 2015-2017 200’s are the updated models with the 9 speed transmission they they had issues with, but my uncle’s 2016 200 with the 4 cylinder hasn’t had any problems.

Not sure, haven’t had to do them on my Grand Caravan... will likely let someone else do it though. On the 300, the hardest part is removing the upper intake manifold.

My mom has a 2013 Chrysler 200 with the V6. It’s slightly detuned vs what my 300 had (~285hp vs 300) but they’re quick... just watch the torque steer! I’m not sure about the flex fuel, I can check on the van though, I assume they’d use a similar system. The 2015-2017 200’s are the updated models with the 9 speed transmission they they had issues with, but my uncle’s 2016 200 with the 4 cylinder hasn’t had any problems.

I was reading about the 9-speed and the recalls/updates for it that FCA and Honda had. I have had a few 250 hp+ FWD vehicles, so I am not too concerned. I doubt I will be getting on it much. The AWD might help with that. I know I want the premium lighting package to get the LED/HID headlights and LED fogs. I found one with 30K miles for $13K locally I am waiting for the dealer to upload pics.

To keep it on BITOG topic, what oil are you using? Is there a special spec I need to worry about?

I was reading about the 9-speed and the recalls/updates for it that FCA and Honda had. I have had a few 250 hp+ FWD vehicles, so I am not too concerned. I doubt I will be getting on it much. The AWD might help with that. I know I want the premium lighting package to get the LED/HID headlights and LED fogs. I found one with 30K miles for $13K locally I am waiting for the dealer to upload pics.

To keep it on BITOG topic, what oil are you using? Is there a special spec I need to worry about?
No special specs for the oil or anything. You do need to watch the oil filter housing on the Pentastar though, they’re plastic and will crack if over tightened. I always tighten mine till it just barely bottoms out and leave it there.

No special specs for the oil or anything. You do need to watch the oil filter housing on the Pentastar though, they’re plastic and will crack if over tightened. I always tighten mine till it just barely bottoms out and leave it there.

Is there not a metal replacement made by anyone by chance?

The 2.4 accord is so lethargic I had a 17 sport if you drove it like you wanted to go fast you felt it needed another 100 HP

3.6 200 not bad but trans could be an issue unless you get an earlier body with the 62te

would go for a Camry xse v6, Avalon v6, accord or Acura with v6, Audi A4 etc

The 2.4 accord is so lethargic I had a 17 sport if you drove it like you wanted to go fast you felt it needed another 100 HP

3.6 200 not bad but trans could be an issue unless you get an earlier body with the 62te

I've got a Cruze at 150 hp currently, and I feel that the Accord with the K24 would be the same way.

The looks on peoples' faces is priceless when their big ol' V8 gets spanked by my Accord 4 banger:D
The look on people's faces is priceless when I show them my power trunk closer on a sedan. Common on an SUV, but not sedan. Even did it once in traffic. Lady cut me off and instead of giving her a hand gesture after I got in front of her again later in traffic, I opened and closed the trunk from inside the car. When it opened, she laughed, when it closed, she had a perplexed look on her face.

Has Audi reliability improved lately? I've read that the 2000 and 2010 era were not good.

The GTI is different than the GLI until 2019

GTI is a great car. I have a 2019 GLI...my negative on it is no awd. I would trade it for an a3 sline but ultimately and realistically it’s not that often that i am flooring it in my normal driving that my front tires are spinning

a4 is a different platform. A6 is good too honestly

civics get the fuel dilution problem that GDI Honda’s suffer from with the 1.5. They drive nice but you got even a smaller engine

look at the car driver 10 best and you will see what car people like to drive GLI/GTI and accord for 2020

BMW 3 series is a good car too and tons out there not hard to find a shop to work on them nothing is flawless. There are examples everywhere on the internet with matching examples of lemons

The GTI is different than the GLI until 2019

GTI is a great car. I have a 2019 GLI...my negative on it is no awd. I would trade it for an a3 sline but ultimately and realistically it’s not that often that i am flooring it in my normal driving that my front tires are spinning

a4 is a different platform. A6 is good too honestly

civics get the fuel dilution problem that GDI Honda’s suffer from with the 1.5. They drive nice but you got even a smaller engine

look at the car driver 10 best and you will see what car people like to drive GLI/GTI and accord for 2020

BMW 3 series is a good car too and tons out there not hard to find a shop to work on them nothing is flawless. There are examples everywhere on the internet with matching examples of lemons

The late MK6 and early MK7s are in my price range in the GT/LI. I read the 7s were better than the 6s, but the K20 or 24 SIs would be better than both.

I looked at the E92s with the N54, but don't want a platform that doesn't have a spare tire.

The late MK6 and early MK7s are in my price range in the GT/LI. I read the 7s were better than the 6s, but the K20 or 24 SIs would be better than both.

I looked at the E92s with the N54, but don't want a platform that doesn't have a spare tire.
GTi mk7 would be a good vehicle try to find a un modified one if possible. If you want that true 250 HP level you can do an APR stage 1 low torque tune

Let us know what you get my friend

GTi mk7 would be a good vehicle try to find a un modified one if possible. If you want that true 250 HP level you can do an APR stage 1 low torque tune

Let us know what you get my friend
I figure a DSG tune or aftermarket clutch will be necessary for anything more than stock. I'd like to be able to run flex fuel if possible, but don't know what it would take to integrate a content sensor.

Unmodified will be the issue.

How about Subaru's Legacy with the 6 cyl ?

a search on Facebook Marketplace turns up nothing with the H6, and only one with less than 100k miles within 100 miles on Autotrader. The 24 MPG on the highway is also less than I hope to see. That's Pontiac G8 GT or Chevrolet Caprice territory.

Back