2011 Terrain GM 2.4L Dexos 5w-30 8066mi on oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to thank everyone that has commented.

Over at the Equinox/Terrain Forum there seems to be some positive posts on how GM is handling this. There are several GM factory people that monitor the forum and they have offered help in getting any "kinks" worked out with the dealer.

mike12345, I would show the report to the dealer for sure and see if they do anything. I would also have the oil and oil filter changed at the dealership from now on, that way no matter what, they couldn't say it wasn't serviced right.

Last edited:
My only other advice would be to talk with the service MANAGER on this since it's not routine service and the advisors are more like commisioned sales reps looking for upsells 40 hours a week and 8 hours per day. So your issues are more prone to be dismissed esp complicated ones like this.

I have had all the service done at a dealer here in town. I wanted to use their oil etc. because of things like this. I would have bought the car there but I couldn't get their d*mn sales department to give me a price, so I bought out of town. I always had good service on my Yukon from this dealer. I was a bit disappointed when I did have an issue with my AC turning off while driving. They said they couldn't find anything wrong. I asked if they had any service bulletins from GM about this issue. They said no. It took me about 5 minutes to look them up on Google.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: oldhp
mike12345, I would show the report to the dealer for sure and see if they do anything. I would also have the oil and oil filter changed at the dealership from now on, that way no matter what, they couldn't say it wasn't serviced right.

My thought too. I've typed up a letter with my concerns and have asked GM to respond to them. I'm going to drop the oil report and the letter off today.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
My only other advice would be to talk with the service MANAGER on this since it's not routine service and the advisors are more like commisioned sales reps looking for upsells 40 hours a week and 8 hours per day. So your issues are more prone to be dismissed esp complicated ones like this.

I had the AC issue on my Equinox as well. There's an update for the HVAC control module. I think it has something to do with zero drift stuff on the sensor dial.

Originally Posted By: Nyquist
I had the AC issue on my Equinox as well. There's an update for the HVAC control module. I think it has something to do with zero drift stuff on the sensor dial.

There has been several issues. Another one had to do with the harness connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back