2011 silverado 4.8 thoughts

I think OVERKILL has the answer he was looking for.

I didn't know torque growled...

I also didn't know these "cheap Chinese" filters are doing the impossible now. Taken from the image above: "Improves up to 95% filtration efficiency over OEM paper filters." I guess these aren't your dad's old K&N rock catchers anymore. I know of course that the magic words are "up to" (meaning 0.0000000001% better counts), but I'm still amazed that they can possibly claim 0.0000000001% when we all know even that is a pipe dream.

Cant validate anything the manufacture said regarding actual filtration or performance. Only TRUE way to know is for a actual test like project farm on youtube ?? :unsure:

And my "Growl" comment was figurative. It's making a nice sound and I enjoy it and for the 100th time has improved somewhat in performance/drivability cause I know how my vehicles run and operate since purchase. No its NOT an extra 100HP, But it has improved performance in both trucks

On a side note. I'm Tired of reporting you to the MODS about your rude and very arrogant comments from mine and others past threads that make them get locked up. I'm not a certified psychologist, Not getting paid for it.

Your not worth my time anymore buddy (y):cool:

Dave

My 08 silverado 4.8/ 4l60e screams. 3.23 gears, positraction. 2wd, standard cab. 285-295 hp is plenty!

I got the engine oil and ATF coolers too. Very happy with the truck.

Biggest complaints have been dumb stuff like airbag bumper sensors, $90 each, both went out within a month of each other.

Really? Never seen a 4.8L in a 1500 have a Oil Cooler......Not that it's rocket science to add one using OE parts.

Ya I never seen a 4.8 with factory installed posi trac G80 and engine and trans coolers ?? Sounds like standard equipment if it has factory tow pkg ??

Mine is a LT1 trim pkg has neither of what he mentioned and mine is a crew cab model but NO factory tow pkg from factory

Dave

The irony...
Cant validate anything the manufacture said regarding actual filtration or performance. Only TRUE way to know is for a actual test like project farm on youtube ?? :unsure:
You're the one promoting it here, so...? And if this statement is true, then you have invalidated yourself. You can't say "the new CAI setup has greatly IMPROVED acceleration and throttle response" then turn around and say "cant validate anything the manufacture said regarding...performance."

And my "Growl" comment was figurative. It's making a nice sound and I enjoy it and for the 100th time has improved somewhat in performance/drivability cause I know how my vehicles run and operate since purchase. No its NOT an extra 100HP, But it has improved performance in both trucks
"greatly IMPROVED acceleration" - your words. "Greatly" or "somewhat" which is it? I'm confused.

On a side note. I'm Tired of reporting you to the MODS about your rude and very arrogant comments from mine and others past threads that make them get locked up. I'm not a certified psychologist, Not getting paid for it.
Please, enlighten not only me, but the rest of us (including said "MODS") where in this thread I made "rude" or "very arrogant" comments that you thought were worthy of reporting?

And while we're on the topic and digging up old news, please also enlighten me how after proving you wrong on the "facts" about your own truck in this thread, you made the comment:
Think my truck is haunted ?? Tonight on way home from work on highway the gauge cluster starting acting weird, heard a clicking sound ?? radio was shutting off and on and headlights flickering ?? Once I got off highway it all stopped ??

Dave
...to which I jokingly replied "maybe it found out you know nothing about it" (comparing the truck to a significant other and them getting upset). That quote was somehow found offensive and worthy of deleting.

Tell me more about how "I'm not a certified psychologist, Not getting paid for it." not only somehow isn't "rude" or "very arrogant," but is also not report-worthy, delete-worthy, and completely ironic.

Your not worth my time anymore buddy (y):cool:
*You're* not worth my time either. "Buddy." Proven wrong on your "facts" time and time again, a chronic emoji problem, severe grammar & punctuation issues, and can't even correctly order the letters for the acronym of this site ("BITGO"). And don't say that this paragraph is offensive, rude, or arrogant. All of these are 100% [actual] facts. Again, not apologizing for identifying facts and truth. I will always cite, identify, and defend the truth and facts. If you have a problem with the truth me, there's this magical thing called an "IGNORE" button. You should try it sometime. I don't ignore, block, or mute anyone. Ever. Why? Because I can handle criticism and am always open-minded. Quite the opposite of "very arrogant."

Last edited:
My 2010 has the 4.8. Its been great. Mine has the trailer towing package. It gives you the upgraded suspension, LT 245 70R17's, and trans cooler. 3.42 gears. I've pulled 5000 pounds without issues. Leave it out of 4th when pulling and she pulls great. I've owned it since new. I'm just about to turn over 200,000 kms. Uses no oil. M1 5W30. I change the 4L60E every three years.

The only complaint is its a rust bucket. GM waxed frames are a joke. The box is rotting out with rust. I keep my truck clean too.

C840EC26-2B59-4C3C-BBAB-0C01B0BE6E63.jpeg

All kidding aside, looks pretty sharp. I'd be happy with that, albeit as a short bed.

I was looking at an '11 ECSB 4.8 4x4 with two and 3.42's but sales guy jerked me around with pricing, otherwise there would have been a decent chance I woulda had that instead of what I do have.

I did do this upgrade to my 4.8 last night. BEST $55 I ever spent on a engine MOD lol (y) :cool:

Dave

View attachment 30032

You basically are just getting that good sound under WOT and "maybe" 5hp only at WOT. You are now drawing hot underhood air vs the cold air from the fender of the OEM unit. Oh an more dirt passing thru to your motor. Best or worst $55 spent depends on what you're after.

You basically are just getting that good sound under WOT and "maybe" 5hp only at WOT. You are now drawing hot underhood air vs the cold air from the fender of the OEM unit. Oh an more dirt passing thru to your motor. Best or worst $55 spent depends on what you're after.

WOW Long time man !! Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I have never messed with this type of mod ever so still kinda new to it (y) 😎

My LSX mechanic told me its "the same thing" heat wise from the OEM box and the heat shield helps with keeping some hot air out ??? But I'll keep a good eye on it. And i'm keeping the stock air boxes also (y)😎

Luckily summer time is over and some "Free" cold air is coming soon lol ;) 🤪:ROFLMAO:

Dave

WOW Long time man !! Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I have never messed with this type of mod ever so still kinda new to it (y) 😎

My LSX mechanic told me its "the same thing" heat wise from the OEM box and the heat shield helps with keeping some hot air out ??? But I'll keep a good eye on it. And i'm keeping the stock air boxes also (y)😎

Luckily summer time is over and some "Free" cold air is coming soon lol ;) 🤪:ROFLMAO:

Dave

Ok the heat shield helps for sure. I have one on my truck and love the sound. Just keep it cleaned and properly oiled - too much oil causes MAF issues.

Back