2011 Nissan Sentra CVT fluid question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to resurrect this thread for my first ever post, but I can get 6 quarts of Castrol CVT fluid on Amazon for way, way, less than the cost of ENEOS, Amsoil, or Nissan branded fluid, and the bottle says it is "suitable for Nissan NS-2."

I have a 2010 Sentra with 64k miles and no transmission problems of any sort.

6 quarts for 34.99 and do it myself, or 250 at the dealership? Anyone have any experience with the Castrol CVT fluid?

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Triplicate
Sorry to resurrect this thread for my first ever post, but I can get 6 quarts of Castrol CVT fluid on Amazon for way, way, less than the cost of ENEOS, Amsoil, or Nissan branded fluid, and the bottle says it is "suitable for Nissan NS-2."

I have a 2010 Sentra with 64k miles and no transmission problems of any sort.

6 quarts for 34.99 and do it myself, or 250 at the dealership? Anyone have any experience with the Castrol CVT fluid?

Thanks.

welcome2.gif

The Castrol CVT will most likely be fine. Use it with confidence
smile.gif

One of the rare times that I disagree with you on here... But good, bad or indifferent the Nissan manual DOES NOT give any latitude for using a different CVT fluid than their own. No equivalent statement is there. Period. It's incontrovertible. Anyone else can say whatever they want in order to sell you their products.

I agree Amsoil is a reputable company in that they make very good oils. But this is just not the time to play with this. Engine oil... OK roll with it. Coolant.... Yes the manual gives the ability to use an equivalent fluid to the Nissan long life coolant. But not their NS-2 fluid.

I sincerely hope everything works out for anyone here using the Amsoil CVT fluid. That would make me very happy because I don't want bad things to happen to anyone on here. But boy o boy I just couldn't make that jump. But hey, to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back