2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and girls. I recently purchased a 2011 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo with the penstar 3.6. It currently has 135000 km on it. I am mostly a short trip driver its under warranty thet require oil changes with dino oil every 3 k or three months or every 6 k or 6 months witb synthetic. Question is would it be ok to start to run a synthetic oil with it having 135000 km and not knowing the previous oil change history? Or would a high milage oil be more suited? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Synthetic Oil would be just fine, no need for high mileage oil unless you have small leaks or have some other reason to use it.

Those engines are pretty bullet proof you could run anything you want in it and have a long life. So I would say that at 135K KM you are fine to switch and should have no issues.

Yes, synthetic would be fine. We ran M1 AFE 0w-20 in ours, as you can get it on sale at CT and Partsource.

I run SuperTech High Mileage Full Synthetic 5w30 in my 2012 Grand Caravan Crew model. 89k on the van. Runs great....

It should be fine. The first-year Pentastars were spec'd for 5w30, and the software seems to expect it or you get VCT error codes... or at least I did when I tried 5w20 in the 2011 we had for a few years. Great engines, and the later Grand Cherokees are great vehicles... But on the 2011 beware the fuel pump relay failure in the Total Integrated Power Module. There's a TSB for switching it to an external relay... if there's a relay added in right next to the power distribution center under the hood, its been done. If it hasn't been done... it should be. ASAP.

^

what he said on the relay...they will leave you stranded and will shut off the engine going down the freeway..did it in my 2012 JGC with the 5.7 Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back