2011 Ford Focus SEL

Hey everyone,
I’ve had this focus since 2015 with 50k miles on it. Have kept up on maintenance, few minor problems every now and then. I did rebuild the transmission about the only major thing. It has about 98k miles on it. I’m an over the road truck driver currently and will be going local soon.
Recently purchased a 2016 f150 limited. Would like to keep the focus as a daily driver. Anyone have any input on weather I should keep it or are there things that I should watch out for? Do not want another huge expense with this car like the transmission. Thanks for any input.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no fix for those transmissions. They’re a ticking time bomb even after a rebuild.

I’d use the F150 as a daily driver and sell the Focus while it still drives.

Edit: Is the 2011 part of the bad transmissions?If not, it’s surprising this one failed?

Keep it, if you really want to. The 2011 Focus is a much better car than the MkIII Focus. The MkIII Focus debuted in the 2012 model year. The MkIII came with a manual transmission or the Powershift Dual Clutch transmission. The Powershift is a nightmare.

Yea I think I just got unlucky with this 2011 transmission. The post 2012 sound like a true nightmare

The 2011 should be a good car. How much was the transmission rebuild cost, and what caused you to have it rebuilt? I'm curious since I'm inclined to think that someone was doing neutral drops or let it run dry to need a rebuild at that low mileage.

Back