2010 Traverse, 3.6L DI, Valvoline WB, 5000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
My most recent UOA- done @ 105,001
Valvoline Conventional 5W-30, the only oil used in this engine since new.
Im very pleased with the report.
With the low iron- it appears to point to no timing chain iron being shed.

oil filter used- PF-48E.

At 100,000- I changed plugs, air filter, Oxygen sensors.
Engine is running great.
My daily commute- 23 MPG yesterday.

VWB
thumbsup2.gif

....great stuff for normal intervals.

Last edited:
Excellent! Consistent results with a consistent oil. Nothing to question.

Insolubles at .3 are a little on the high side. Get rid of that cheapo oil filter and put on a Fram Ultra to take care of that.
Then, who knows if your rings are clean using a conventional. Therefore, switch to a synthetic for a few oil changes, and follow the OLM with the full synthetic dexos1 oil you use.

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Insolubles at .3 are a little on the high side. Get rid of that cheapo oil filter and put on a Fram Ultra to take care of that.
Then, who knows if your rings are clean using a conventional. Therefore, switch to a synthetic for a few oil changes, and follow the OLM with the full synthetic dexos1 oil you use.

these early 2009/2010 3.6's are known to show high iron on conventional or synthetic- when following the OLM-- which took you out to 10,000 miles at about 0%.
High fuel dilution and low oil levels caused many to accelerate their timing chain problems.
That's when some of us on the Traverse forum had UOA done- and found that 50% OLM or roughly 5000 miles returned good results.

Soon after- GM also happened to have a bulletin out to recalibrate the OLM.

On my 2013 3.6 DI, that one gets Full synthetic, and I follow the OLM down to 0%.

VWB FTW!

Great report. Thanks for posting.

My oil of choice (well due to the $9/jug sale) in the van for 10k mile intervals.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
...and the owners manual calls for a semi-synthetic Dexos1 oil.

Very nice UOA.

The 2010's did not require Dexos.
The Dexos 'requirement' started in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back