2010 Scion XD, Delvac 15W-40, 14.7K Mile Interval

Bought this car used after selling my 2009 Focus. You can look up my Focus. I was doing 15K-20K mile intervals on it. Car supposedly came with 0W-20 or 5W-20 Castrol before I bought it and that is the first UOA results posted. I used a SuperTech filter. Replaced with Delvac again but added LubeGard LXE Additive this go around. Will change at 14.7K again and see if what the differences between the Delvac with and without the LubeGard are. I am firm believer in the LubeGard ATF products and decided to try the engine additive just to see what the lab results will be.
Next oil change will be Delo SynBlend 15W-40 or Delvac 1300 10W-30 and compare to the Delvac 15W-40. I drive about 2500 miles a month so the miles rack up fast. My UOA's on the Focus and the Scion show 15K can be done easily. After I compare to other oils, I will start to push the mileage limits, 17,500 and up.

Attachments

• 2010XDUOA.jpg
    2010XDUOA.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 188
HDEO surpremacy. I used delvac 1300 in the past but I always switch around to whatever's best priced at the time.

OP is driving 2,500 miles a month. ChinaMart’s cheapest conventional would produce the same results with those driving conditions. The engine clearly isn’t stressed one bit and this is a perfect opportunity for extended OCIs just like he’s doing. 👍🏼

Go longer. I wanna see it.

OP is driving 2,500 miles a month. ChinaMart’s cheapest conventional would produce the same results with those driving conditions. The engine clearly isn’t stressed one bit and this is a perfect opportunity for extended OCIs just like he’s doing. 👍🏼

Go longer. I wanna see it.
I ran Super Tech Synthetic 5W-30 in my Focus to 17.5K with no issues. I run about 70% interstate the oil gets good and warm. 5 gallon bucket of Delvac on sale plus a rebate makes it cheaper than SuperTech Syn. Trust me, I will push it further.

****. Delvac is a beast. Granted, Toyota motor, but look at that viscosity.

I'll be running the 5W40 in my Subaru. Where are you buying yours? Tractor Supply has good deals but the nearest store is 30+ miles away, and the guy said his Tuesday shipments of the stuff are sold out by the end of the day. Trying to take advantage of those current rebates before they expire.

Bought this car used after selling my 2009 Focus. You can look up my Focus. I was doing 15K-20K mile intervals on it. Car supposedly came with 0W-20 or 5W-20 Castrol before I bought it and that is the first UOA results posted. I used a SuperTech filter. Replaced with Delvac again but added LubeGard LXE Additive this go around. Will change at 14.7K again and see if what the differences between the Delvac with and without the LubeGard are. I am firm believer in the LubeGard ATF products and decided to try the engine additive just to see what the lab results will be.
Next oil change will be Delo SynBlend 15W-40 or Delvac 1300 10W-30 and compare to the Delvac 15W-40. I drive about 2500 miles a month so the miles rack up fast. My UOA's on the Focus and the Scion show 15K can be done easily. After I compare to other oils, I will start to push the mileage limits, 17,500 and up.
What kind of filter you running? Nice report. Thank You 🇺🇸🍻

****. Delvac is a beast. Granted, Toyota motor, but look at that viscosity.

I'll be running the 5W40 in my Subaru. Where are you buying yours? Tractor Supply has good deals but the nearest store is 30+ miles away, and the guy said his Tuesday shipments of the stuff are sold out by the end of the day. Trying to take advantage of those current rebates before they expire.
We got Tractor Supply's in nearly every town here in Alabama so getting the buckets are not a problem at all.

OMG it's supposed to be 0w-20 you are RUINING your ENGINE. [/jab @ thin]

Well done, nice report but flash point is a little low.
My old Focus required 5W-20 but used about a quart every 5 to 10, 000. I started using higher viscosity oils and noticed oil consumption went way down. So I started using thicker oils. Also, after reading an article in "Industrial Lubrication" about the thin motor oils versus higher viscosity oils, I am sure I made the right decision. I have used thicker oils in VVT engines for over 10 years and have not had any VVT/ cam phaser issues or the like.

My old Focus required 5W-20 but used about a quart every 5 to 10, 000. I started using higher viscosity oils and noticed oil consumption went way down. So I started using thicker oils. Also, after reading an article in "Industrial Lubrication" about the thin motor oils versus higher viscosity oils, I am sure I made the right decision. I have used thicker oils in VVT engines for over 10 years and have not had any VVT/ cam phaser issues or the like.
I’m with you. Even your old focus UOA looked really good. I’ve ran thick as 20w50 in my 09’ Camry wIth 2AZ-FEwith no issues

Back