2010 ish Honda vehicle

Recently purchased it and noticed it has green coolant so likely prestone. How detrimental to the seals could this be since Honda's are known for there
fussy fluid issues. I feel this is why some well known dependable cars don't live up to that, is because of using the wrong stuff for fluids.
Anyone here with experience using green coolant in a Honda this year range? And how long has it been in the system?

I'd also drain and refill with the blue coolant. Just remember if you fill with water you are going to have issues getting back to 50/50 concentration as Honda only sells premixed coolant. (Technically they sell concentrate in one quart bottles for cold weather applications)

That said I doubt the green coolant would cause any issues. What model did you get?

I had a previous 2006 Honda Civic and used the one brand fits every car and I ran it for several years and put about 120,000 miles on it with no problems. I use the blue Asian formula now in my 2012 Civic. I do like to do a radiator drain and fill every couple of years.

I also have an '06 Civic with tons of miles just using the Prestone universal, and have had several Honda's prior using the same. Honda's (At least like pre-2015ish) really aren't picky about fluids.

Could be Zerex Asian Green? Which would be fine for your car. Really, who knows. If it bothers you, flush it and sleep well.

I plan on flushing at some point in time, and agree I would like the unmixed concentrate since I think the normal drain leaves about 1/2 gallon in the block etc. Yeah I know the year, those generations are pretty much all the same, the year is not important, same shop manual pretty much fits all them. I just wish they were smart enough to put a block drain some place.
I'm going to have to talk to the shop that did the work and find out what was used and what all was done.

Back