2010 Ford Fusion H11 Reccomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2010 Ford Fusion that has H11 bulbs for the low beam and I find the factory bulbs very lacking and was looking for some reccomendations on what other H11 bulb to replace it with.

I don't like the Fusion's stock projectors. We have two '11 Fusion Hybrids at work and I think the efficiency of the projectors is very poor. I don't know who made the projectors, but whomever it is, I don't think Ford made a good choice there.

Any CLEAR high efficacy bulb will be better than the stock bulb. Try the Sylvania Xtravision or Philips Vision Plus or GE Nighthawk. Pass on any tinted bulb, like a Sylvania Silverstar or Silverstar Ultra.

I didn't know that the GE Nighthawks are available in H11. I have their 9005 & 9006 in my 05 Explorer and love them.

They may or may not be, I'm not sure. The Nighthawk is a good non-coated bulb in general, but I'm not positive that it's available in an H11. I should've checked first!

Easy fix. Order a quality brand H9 bulb (Narva) off the internet. One bulb tab needs to be trimmed. It will provide perfect focus and almost twice the output and just draws about 10 more watts.

Osram Nightbreakers are really good bulbs, fantastic output and light color, however, the durability leaves a lot to be desired. I replaced stock H11's with the Nightbreakers last June, and one went out last Tuesday, and the other 2 days ago. So, I got about 7 months out of them. I replaced them with the stock H11's and am about to order a couple of H9's and do the H11-to-H9 mod. I feel really comfortable with the mod because the headlight module has a built-in full frontal bulb shield inside. If they didn't, then I would buck up and get another pair of Nightbreakers.

I tried the H9 conversion on my Camry, but went back to an H11. My Camry's projectors have a fairly bright squirrel spotter above the horizontal, and the H9 produced a lot of glare. Heck, even the reflection off road signs with the H9 was annoyingly bright.

Depending on the intensity of the Fusion's squirrel spotters, if it has them, the H9 mod may or may not work.

You can see the light above the cutoff in this blurry cell phone pic:

camry_beam.jpg

There are a lot of [censored] H9's being sold on ebay and the internet. The Narva bulb is of high quality. If you had a focus problem with a cheap H9 bulb you should try the Narva. It works great in my Ford Edge's reflector housing.

Last edited:
decided to try Silverstars as I go a set from AutoZone that they had mispriced at $26.99 but agreed to honor the price.

Originally Posted By: RFIRE
There are a lot of [censored] H9's being sold on ebay and the internet. The Narva bulb is of high quality. If you had a focus problem with a cheap H9 bulb you should try the Narva. It works great in my Ford Edge's reflector housing.

They should work fine in reflector housings, as they typically don't have squirrel spotters. I tried Sylvania H9s (marked as OSRAM on the bulb). The focus was correct, but there was more light (glare) than intended through the squirrel spotters because, well, there was more light in the projector.

Before you give up on the headlights, check the aiming. The Fusion lights and foglights seem to be set low at the factory. Raising mine rally improved the visibility.

Last edited:
The factory sometimes does not adjust headlights correctly. It's worth checking and usually very simple to correct.

Fog lights are generally useless on most cars. They just let you see the fog!

My Fusion is the first car I've checked the foglight aiming. It was so low that at 25 feet they didn't even shine on the wall. I think probably they are low on lots of cars and noone checks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back