2010 Ford Escape XLT, 2.5 Duratec 4-cyl, Pennzoil HM 5w-20, 3605 miles

My first UOA.

This is my wife's 2010 Ford Escape with the 2.5 Duratec 4-cylinder.

It has been losing coolant slowly for no reason that I can determine, so I was concerned about coolant in the oil. None of that showed up, so that's good.

The oil was Pennzoil High Mileage 5w-20 with a Service Champ Jiffy Lube jobber filter. OCI was short at 3605 miles but I wanted the coolant check and the car does a lot of short trips.

Attachments

• 10 ESCAPE XLT-221027.jpg
    10 ESCAPE XLT-221027.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 119
conventional or synthetic HM? Looks great either way, would easily run out to 5k
"Conventional" Pennzoil HM, which is a synthetic blend I think. My plan is to change the oil again in April once the weather warms up again, which should be about 4000 miles or so.

I can't do my own oil changes, not having the space, but fortunately the local quick lube place has a good reputation. The son of a friend of mine works there and they actually train their techs correctly. The place is owned by a retired mechanic and he does a lot of changes himself. They don't mind me bringing my own oil in to use, and I've started bringing my own filters, too. And they took the oil sample for me without complaint, although I subsequently spilled some of it, which is why Blackstone didn't have enough to run the complete battery of tests.

Back