2009 Impala blend door actuator?

I am looking for the best replacement blend door actuator motor for a 2009 Impala.

I replaced two blend door actuators on the car 4 years ago with new Delco's #1574122 and now one of those has striped its gear. I checked both blend doors when I replaced the actuator's and both doors turned freely.

Has any one found a replacement actuator that will last longer than a Delco?

The Dorman probably has a lifetime warranty, but otherwise it seems like all the aftermarket fail as quickly as the OEM do. Some people have luck opening them and rotating the gear past the stripped portion to reuse them.

I highly doubt there's a difference, if the Delco ones are failing that quick just put in whatever is cheapest.

Funny, in 185k miles I only had to replace 2 actuators on my mom's old Impala: the recirc and the driver's blend. As far as GM's go, that car was amazingly reliable electrical-wise. I did have to replace the multi-function switch at about 150k to cure random hi-beam activation but that was it. Never a window regulator, door lock actuator, nothing.

I can tell you that the Acdelco's in the 05 Cadillac I had were Denso's and looked exactly like the blend door motor in my wife's CRV design wise. I replaced all 4 in the Caddy (required removing the entire dash and carrier) and the temp motor in the CRV (easy access). I think they're just failure prone. Denso is usually the 'good stuff'

The Dormans have lasted about a year for me at the most on the one to the left of the glove compartment. I have an ac delco that I haven't put in. I unplugged the old one for the summer since I have no need to change to heat. The least one has lasted is a few days.
The more you change them the less time they last. I've even ordered the "tougher" gear from amazon to put into a new actuator. It lasted a week. I've learned that it won't click while running if you don't move to the coldest or hottest setting. However, it will click off and on all day and drain the battery.

On mine the gear isn't what failed, they had worn through the little conductive track that I assume is how they could tell what position they were in. This would cause them to chatter or get stuck and confused...

Garbage components from GM.

Blend door actuators, blower motor resistors, fuel pumps, water pumps, alternators, starters, power steering pumps...

That's why I refuse to own one. I don't want to get nickled & dimed to death.

I won't use anything electrical from Dorman. Lock and hvac actuators fail the most with dorman.

Ah yes, what we called the mating call of the Chevy Impala. On an early, cool morning at the auto auction, if you stop and listen closely, you'll hear it, Thump...........thump.........thump........thump. In response from another section of the lot you hear, thump ,thump, thump, thump...

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Garbage components from GM.

Blend door actuators, blower motor resistors, fuel pumps, water pumps, alternators, starters, power steering pumps...

That's why I refuse to own one. I don't want to get nickled & dimed to death.

Wheel bearings, timing chains.....

Thanks The LawnRanger that eliminates the gear sold on Amazon. It is sad that no one makes a metal replacement gear.

Back