2008 Trailblazer Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, Need to pick up some all season tires for a 2008 Trailblazer 4x4
My nephew drives this vehicle back and forth to college.
Can anyone recommend tires that won't break the bank?
Thanks

Firestone Destination LE 2

about 125$ each + mount&balance

also your truck came with 17's or 18's

that price is for 17's

Last edited:
If you're looking to pay a little bit extra, Pirelli Scorpion Verde. I got those on my Envoy and they're awesome - wears well, it's improved braking, got good traction in wet conditions when needed and they're as quiet as a church mouse.
thumbsup2.gif

The problem with the Destination LE2's, is that they lose most of their siping and grip by the time they're at 6/32's, and you're buying tires early. Not a good value and poor design.

$_12.JPG

IMHO, most tires loose their grip at/around the 1/5 tread mark! Some do better, others, less so and also, vehicle specific!

Unless we buy Michelin tires, we may not be getting the OVERALL Best Value! And buying Michelin isn't a given!

Cooper tires can be a good value too but, this isn't a given either! I have yet to own a Cooper tire(nor G/Y) tire that I really, really liked! This may just be me!

We need to know more about the OP's criteria and how & how long the OP's nephew is going to be using the TrailBlazer and under what conditions.

We need to know more about the drivers criteria(winter will be tough in Clarence, NY) and other expectations they have for a tire including budget!

How about a PLUS ZERO(+0) size?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct...ca&fqs=true

Maybe the General AltiMAX RT43's?

Last edited:
Sometime, changing a tires size(Plus 0) can offer a more affordable choice(s) for an older vehicle. I have done this as my vehicles have aged and I think that these may be the last tire before I get rid of the car...(not that an '08 TrailBlazer is old).

Cooper and General have been offering some really great deals/values on some of their newer tires such as. the Cooper CS series and General AltiMax line of tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back