2008 Liberty OLM Update.

Hopefully I don't need to use it. My ace in the hole so to speak is making a change from an A-tech at Jeep to Ford so I'm a little less of an optimist when it comes to free extended warranty work. Also keep in mind NY dealers don't play as nice as other parts of the country. ;)
LOL, yeah, New Yorkers are a tough group! Just keep on that 5 year inspection deal. Heck, my dealership even called me to remind me about it last time! It impressed me enough that I purchased a lifetime warranty on my 2018 Jeep, too. Sadly, it wasn't free like the 08, but then again, this one covers much more than the powertrain. So it paid off for them. What goes around comes around!

I think that if most calculated their average MPH or ran an engine timer, their extended oil change intervals would either disappear, or all those engine issues across all makes would more easily be understood.
I agree with this.

My F150 has an engine hour timer for total hours and engine idle hours (~11% for me) as well as a timer and mpg average for both trip 1 and 2. I always use one of the trips as the counter for the oil change, and change when my OLM hits 30%. I fall in the severe service category either way but depending on summer vs winter and how often I tow, it usually comes due between 3,000 - 5,000 miles and 140 - 180 engine hours per change.

Last edited:
I agree with this.

My F150 has an engine hour timer for total hours and engine idle hours (~11% for me) as well as a timer and mpg average for both trip 1 and 2. I always use one of the trips as the counter for the oil change, and change when my OLM hits 30%. I fall in the severe service category either way but depending on summer vs winter and how often I tow, it usually comes due between 3,000 - 5,000 miles and 140 - 180 engine hours per change.
South Dakota where you don't what to be doing those December to February OCI unless you have a heated shop.

My 09 grand caravan is like this. In the winter with city driving it'll go off every 3000km. It is very cold winters where I live.

When I highway drive for work in the summer it'll go off every 9000km.

It's def. conservative and dialed for conventional. I just ignore and always change every 7500km.

Back