Follow your oil life meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
Originally Posted By: Droopy
From what I've heard and read the Honda OLM is the best in the business but is kinda blind if you ask me. On the factory fill which is a blend with moly the OLM is reading the same with the same driving conditions with Mobil One AFE.

Again, OLM's do not detect the oil brand, grade, weight, etc. You could put non-detergent 30 weight in your Honda it will not know the difference.

My 90+% highway driving in the Accord would take me to 12k miles To 0%. When I had the Rainier it took me 17k to get there. Neither of the vehicles required syn oil. My MINI requires syn and takes most owners to 15k or more miles.

I trust the MM but I give it a buffer by using top-tier synthetics and change it in the Honda when it's below 15% to get the other maintenance codes. That's all the peace of mind I need. I do not trust the MINI so I just change it at 10k for the easy math.

I use the OLM in my 2014 Mustang Gt. With an 8 qrt sump and using Motorcraft blend oil, I feel like i'm getting plenty of protection. I don't over think this oil thing anymore. I have better things to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back