2008 Lexus RX350 catastrophic oil cooler line failure

A Toyota V6 (and others) will take a lot of abuse and come back for more, good engines for sure.
Toyota is the official vehicle of ISIS for that reason...I mean, how many times do you see a 20+ year old HiLux with 20 dudes in the back with AKs..hahahaha

Toyota is the official vehicle of ISIS for that reason...I mean, how many times do you see a 20+ year old HiLux with 20 dudes in the back with AKs..hahahaha

That Hilux is a good little truck, almost indestructible. The old FJ40 and FJ45 was one of the toughest vehicles you could buy also.

don't see the need for a oil cooler on a lexus
Seems to me that it would allow "water thin" oils to be used without fear (or much less). By controlling the temp better the oil does not have to run as hot when under load, thus not thinning as bad (yes it still spikes in various regions, but it's cooler when going in). Also it may help the engine warm up faster--by running ATF to coolant and engine oil to coolant heat exchangers the entire system can warm up faster. Use torque convertor losses to the advantage--run any waste heat into the coolant, get it warmer, faster. Then maintain the whole works to a constant 200F or whatever. Operates in a smaller window of temperature and maybe lasts longer, or more consistently regardless of outside temp.

That Hilux is a good little truck, almost indestructible. The old FJ40 and FJ45 was one of the toughest vehicles you could buy also.
I've spent some time in Oz with the mining company I worked for - HiLux and Landcruisers rulled the roost over there for any offroad work.

I wish Toyota still made a lot of the models they used to have like this FJ45.

fj45.jpg

Back