2007 Mazdaspeed 3 at 150,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am happy with my ms3.

Its a 2013 with the jbr rear sway bar, rear motor mount, and koni yellows with swift springs. All I can say is handling is superb.

I know mazda has a accelerated idle on startup to 'warm up the cats', and I do see some white smoke out the exhaust while this is happening (may be fuel) but no loss of coolant. What symptoms, if any, did the smoking turbo exhibit?

As far as the egr system, any build up on the intake valves?

Its obvious you take care of your car and with 150,000 miles it shows. congrats!

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Nice! Still love the look of those years...

Speaking of which, we could use a few pics!
smile.gif

Thanks!
And as requested:

MS32_zpsur1krp65.jpg

MS3_zps153e489c.jpg

And one of my fave colors as well!
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: jc1112
I too am happy with my ms3.

Its a 2013 with the jbr rear sway bar, rear motor mount, and koni yellows with swift springs. All I can say is handling is superb.

I know mazda has a accelerated idle on startup to 'warm up the cats', and I do see some white smoke out the exhaust while this is happening (may be fuel) but no loss of coolant. What symptoms, if any, did the smoking turbo exhibit?

As far as the egr system, any build up on the intake valves?

Its obvious you take care of your car and with 150,000 miles it shows. congrats!

If the car idled over for longer than a couple of minutes or so the smoking would start- and it was thick. The first time it happens I was in a drive thru line and my son and I first thought the smokescreen was coming from the clapped-out truck behind us. Wrong!

I've never checked for intake valve deposits; I may have some buildup, but the car's performance hasn't dropped off and fuel economy and driveability are excellent.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

And one of my fave colors as well!
cool.gif

Thanks! I read that Mazda originally intended that the color(Cosmic Blue Mica) be the first of a series of exclusive Mazdaspeed colors- the same way BMW has ///M colors(Le Mans Blue, Melbourne Red, etc.). Mazda dropped the idea-and the color-when the mildly tweaked 2008.5 came out.

Great to hear that your car is doing well. To hear others on this forum talk it was probably supposed to explode from direct injection related issues at about 25k miles.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Great to hear that your car is doing well. To hear others on this forum talk it was probably supposed to explode from direct injection related issues at about 25k miles.

According to all the Chicken Littles my car should be a smoking pile of metal debris by now...

According to all the Chicken Little's my car should be a smoking pile of metal debris by now...

No, it should be a rusted out pile of rubber and plastic by now.

BC.

If I were to go back eleven years ago and ask if I ought to buy my VW, how many here would advise that I go for it?

According to all the Chicken Littles my car should be a smoking pile of metal debris by now...

Not in your state however northeast the rust starts in odd places a subset of the pre2008ish Mazda 3. They don't seem to rot out just really unsightly rust in odd places like pillars and normal places around wheel well. They stick out because the cars look too new/good really to have some rust but some do.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

No, it should be a rusted out pile of rubber and plastic by now.
BC.

Yeah, that too. On another board I frequent a new person will register and immediately post a Mazda rust story. Every one of these new members is a "one and done"- they never return or make another post; this happens every 2-6 months. If it's guerrilla marketing the well must be going dry, as the latest post is only borderline intelligible...

Originally Posted By: supton
If I were to go back eleven years ago and ask if I ought to buy my VW, how many here would advise that I go for it?

Come on, you know the real "experts" are the guys who have never owned, driven, or even sat in the cars that they are badmouthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back