2007 Honda Fit - Valvoline MaxLife Full Synthetic 0w20 - 8,500 miles

The first report on my Fit came in today. Looks great!

6791F774-41CA-49AA-8F19-2935BDE0A2CC.jpeg

I think I’ll cap this oil at 10,000 miles, as I added 1 Quart makeup around 7,000 miles on OCI and the TBN is still relatively low despite that. I’ve used M1 AFE 0w20 and M1 EP HM 0w20 as well in this engine; among others trying to slow what appears to be a rear main seal / crankshaft seal leak, but the rest could be blow-by given the miles.

May go back to M1 EP HM if I want to extend the interval. I also am thinking of replacing the PCV Valve, but it’s hard to get to on this year model.

Last edited:
If you want to push for 10,000 miles, try a symthetic with a higher TBN. BUt I wouldn't change a thing myself.

2.2 TBN is not low. 10,000 miles is easily doable unless you are about change your driving habits to mostly short drives and many cold starts [winter].
Good points. It’s a commuter mostly. 25 miles each way. 10 miles of it freeway. There are some short trips, but the winters aren’t too harsh here. (Atlanta GA…GO BRAVES!)

I suppose being able to add the make up oil helps the TBN to extend the interval out more.

Nothing to see here. Great looking engine. Just follow the OLM. 1qt in 8500 miles is NOTHING with an engine closing in on 300k miles!
That’s true. Especially for a Honda I4.
Those are some amazing wear numbers for 8.5k on oil. Count yourself lucky!
These engines all test well on the UOAs I’ve seen. Here are my BIL’s 07 Fit reports; he went 17k and 21k on the older M1 AFE SN flavor.

Seeing as you added a whole of additives 1,500 miles before sampling, I’d say that 7,500 miles is probably a good OCI but since you’re adding oil, then might as well go longer, which is what you did.

Are you gonna try 10k?

Seeing as you added a whole of additives 1,500 miles before sampling, I’d say that 7,500 miles is probably a good OCI but since you’re adding oil, then might as well go longer, which is what you did.

Are you gonna try 10k?
I capped it based on oil consumption. I have a 5 quart jug and at 8500 miles it was a quart low again. So, it probably burned upwards of 2 QTs.

So, instead of buying another bottle for top off, I just did the oil change. I would feel comfortable doing 10k. It went 9,500 before on this MaxLife flavor; that run was SN Plus.

This run was the latest API SP spec. I refilled with the same.

I’ve gone up to 15k before on M1 AFE.

Last edited:
The first report on my Fit came in today. Looks great!

View attachment 76418
I think I’ll cap this oil at 10,000 miles, as I added 1 Quart makeup around 7,000 miles on OCI and the TBN is still relatively low despite that. I’ve used M1 AFE 0w20 and M1 EP HM 0w20 as well in this engine; among others trying to slow what appears to be a rear main seal / crankshaft seal leak, but the rest could be blow-by given the miles.

May go back to M1 EP HM if I want to extend the interval. I also am thinking of replacing the PCV Valve, but it’s hard to get to on this year model.
I would not extend beyond 8.5k mile or best to switch back to M1 EP HM!

Back