2007 Accord Marker Light

So failed the inspection because of the 'side marker light' out and whole light seems to be a single piece.

Could anyone please confirm if one LED in the side marker area can be replaced or whole light assemble should be replaced? Thank you

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...heater_fuel/taillight_license_light.html

Lamp unit is surprisingly inexpensive.

Diagram is slightly confusing as to location of the wedge bulbs, need to get a look at the back side if no one knows...

Does he likely only need the wedge bulb (#1) or the complete Lamp unit L (#2/#7).

I have a 2007 Accord as well. What I've noticed is that we all eventually have the same problems.

I have an `07 Accord as well.

Thought the corner bulbs were incandescent, Hopefully they can be replaced separately.

I would explore through the truck area and see what you can see. Maybe take the assembly out if necessary.

I am betting this bulb can be changed alone.

Last edited:
I did a little google image searching.

I'm not even sure that area is supposed to light up, there are two incandescent sockets assuming the pictures I am finding are the proper part number.

Turn lights on and look at the other side. Should be pretty obvious if its incandescent or LED. The bulb would be replaced by removing the mounting nuts inside the trunk then pull the assembly away from the car. There may be plastic trim over the nuts.

I'm not even sure that area is supposed to light up, there are two incandescent sockets assuming the pictures I am finding are the proper part number.

I have a 2007 Accord as well. Looking at it from the outside (with the lights on), it looks like it's lit with a bulb.

It's not easy to get at either unit, so I'll leave mine alone until the bulb needs replacing.

Originally Posted by mk378
Turn lights on and look at the other side. Should be pretty obvious if its incandescent or LED. The bulb would be replaced by removing the mounting nuts inside the trunk then pull the assembly away from the car. There may be plastic trim over the nuts.

Thank you, other side seems to be lighting up and inspector was mentioning it's a separate bulb, initially he said he can replace it - gave the approval and then came back after 30 mins that I can replace on my own( because he couldn't figure it out).

Originally Posted by ecotourist

I have a 2007 Accord as well. Looking at it from the outside (with the lights on), it looks like it's lit with a bulb.

It's not easy to get at either unit, so I'll leave mine alone until the bulb needs replacing.

Yes it's not an easy pulling it out kind of situation - as the bumper needs to be removed to pull out the light, because there are two bolts hidden behind it.

Originally Posted by mk378

To me it seems like an incandescent bulb but can't confirm until I pull out the light and have to remove the rear bumper for it.

my 08 Mazda6 had a bulb in there and it was easy to replace once you remove the carpet behind the rear light assembly; I hope that Honda does the same!

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Yes it's not an easy pulling it out kind of situation - as the bumper needs to be removed to pull out the light, because there are two bolts hidden behind it.

Here's the R&R for the back bumper and tail light assembly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aXZoq7vtT0

It's possible you have to replace the whole assembly but I'd still be looking for a bulb to replace.

This seems to be an extremely labour intensive way to fix a side marker light. Honda is usually smarter than that.

Originally Posted by ecotourist
Originally Posted by maverickfhs

Here's the R&R for the back bumper and tail light assembly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aXZoq7vtT0

It's possible you have to replace the whole assembly but I'd still be looking for a bulb to replace.

This seems to be an extremely labour intensive way to fix a side marker light. Honda is usually smarter than that.

Thank a lot. That's the exact video I went through and hence being concerned of replacing the whole assembly and doesn't seem a way Honda would do, but guess it's too late now?

Any of the expert Honda members and/or owners, before I order the whole light assembly?
thumbsup2.gif

Thank you

Back