2006 Pontiac Vibe-4 pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could have taken better pics, but people in my apt complex were starting to look
lol.gif

-

-

-

-

The Vibes are nice. It was fun, and would be a "handy" vehicle. I test drove a used '05. They wanted way too much for it. I bought a new Neon instead (for $3K cheaper).

quote:

Originally posted by OriginHacker21:
Very nice car! I have a black 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. Black is the best car color
grin.gif

What do you think of it so far?

The car is great! The engine purrs like a kitten, the car handles very well, and the interior is alot bigger inside than what you think when you see a Vibe on the road! This is my first vehicle with a hatch and I love it. It's like a mini SUV with great fuel mileage. It's definitely not an economy size car. I do have to get used to looking out the back of the hatch when changing lanes, but it's been good so far. I'm paranoid that someone in the parking lot will scratch it.
is this normal new car parnaoia?

Btw, I also have a 96 Sunfire teal color also with 132k miles on it.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Nice car, I love the shape of the steering wheel.

Is the base Vibe less expensive than the base Matrix ?

I believe the base vibe is actually a grand more expensive than the base matrix. however, the vibe has more rebates and you get a better deal. I got this car for invoice minus $500 GM rebate, $500 GM conquest rebate without trade in (if you currently own an import). I don't know if the toyota dealers are selling Matrix's for invoice.

quote:

Originally posted by kkreit01:
The Vibes are nice. It was fun, and would be a "handy" vehicle. I test drove a used '05. They wanted way too much for it. I bought a new Neon instead (for $3K cheaper).

Definitely handy! I'm into biking for exercise, it comes standard with a roof rack, and the backseats fold down if I need to put my bike in it. it's great! in my car, I had to take the front wheel off my bike to get it to fit inside my car. I don't have to worry about it with the vibe
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Blue_Goose:
Great car...I have a Matrix and except for the radio and the Pontiac logo I would think I'm looking in my car
smile.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

I googled for images of the interior of a Matrix, even the steering wheel is the same except for the logo and the radio. Who woulda thunk it.

[ March 27, 2006, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

this is definitely a toyota with pontiac sheepskin. When I popped the hood, it has Toyota's "VVT" on the engine cover and the radiator is a Denso radiator. GM are all AC delco parts.

My GF has a '06 Matrix XR auto. It now has 4000 km and survived its first canadian winter unscathed. She loves it. Very roomy and comfortable for its size. Feels like sitting in a bigger car with that high body. For her, the Matrix was a better deal, even despite the no-haggle Axcess Toyota pricing in Quebec. They offered the most for her trade in and that sealed the deal.

I will do the first oil change on it in about 2 weeks.

BTW, does your Vibe has the bigger oil pan of the '06? Should be 4.4 qts US vs 3.8 for the '05 and earlier.

quote:

Originally posted by Minou:
BTW, does your Vibe has the bigger oil pan of the '06? Should be 4.4 qts US vs 3.8 for the '05 and earlier.

Yep, my vibe has 4.4 qt oil capacity.

I had another thread about the oci for the 06 vibe. the 05 vibe came up. check this out.

OCI for 05 vibe
6 mo/7500 miles
3.8 qt capacity

OCI for 06 vibe
3 mo/5000 miles
4.4 qt capacity

does anyone know why the oil capacity was increased and the oil change interval shortened?? toyota fearing sludge??

That probably explains it... For my 2004 Pontiac Sunfire - I have a different dipstick than a lot of other Sunfires that I know of. They put in 5 Quarts of oil and they are HIGH. I put in 5 quarts and I'm barely touching the dipstick. Need almost .6-.7 quarts to get it to full.

I wonder then if overfilling on the dipstick or going below is really going to hurt anything?
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back