2006 Nissan Armada | Mobil 1 5W30 5,800 | 94,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vehicle is a 2006 Nissan Armada. I can't figure out how to post my UOA from Blackstone on here. My concern is my Lead content. On my first oil analysis I showed 10ppm and then on my recent UOA I showed 12ppm of Lead. All the other numbers look great according to Blackstone. What they suggest is I may have a bearing that is about to spin. Others have suggested I should switch to Amsoil 5W30 XL or Signature. TBN was at 2.1 on this sample as well. No antifreeze, fuel or water found in my sample either. What should I do? Switch oil brands or not worry because the Lead content in my UOA isn't that high yet?

Last edited:
If you do not want to mess with posting images, you could copy the text in the code block below and edit it with a text editor (Notepad, Wordpad, etc.) to insert your numbers. Then when you want to post just copy the text and click on the "#" icon on the tool bar and select [ code ]...text...[ /code ].

It will insert [ code ][ /code ] into your post. Paste the edited text between the two code fields between the ][ and it will appear like this (hope this helps and Welcome to BITOG):

Code:

Date: xx/xx

Oil Brand/Type: xxxxx

Oil Viscosity: xW-xx

API Service: SN

Oil Filter: xxxxx

Air Filter: xxxxx

Lab: BLKST

Vehicle Mileage: xx,xxx

Oil Mileage: xx,xxx

Make-Up Oil: 0.0

Aluminum: xxx

Chromium xxx

Iron: xxx

Copper: xxx

Lead: xxx

Tin: xxx

Molybdenum: xxx

Nickel: xxx

Manganese: xxx

Silver: xxx

Titanium: xxx

Potassium: xxx

Boron: xxx

Silicon: xxx

Sodium: xxx

Calcium: xxx

Magnesium: xxx

Phosphorus: xxx

Zinc: xxx

Barium: xxx

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F x.x

cSt Visc. @ 100°C x.x

Flashpoint in °F x.x

Fuel % x.x

Antifreeze % x.x

Water % x.x

Insolubles % x.x

TBN x.x

TAN x.x

Here's my UOA from Blackstone for my 2006 Nissan Armada. As you can see, I'm concerned about the Lead.

UOANissanArmada-1.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AngelVivas
My vehicle is a 2006 Nissan Armada. I can't figure out how to post my UOA from Blackstone on here. My concern is my Lead content. On my first oil analysis I showed 10ppm and then on my recent UOA I showed 12ppm of Lead. All the other numbers look great according to Blackstone. What they suggest is I may have a bearing that is about to spin. Others have suggested I should switch to Amsoil 5W30 XL or Signature. TBN was at 2.1 on this sample as well. No antifreeze, fuel or water found in my sample either. What should I do? Switch oil brands or not worry because the Lead content in my UOA isn't that high yet?

Go back and re-read your UOA they DONT think a bearing is about to spin..

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much UNLESS you can hear a knocking noise in the engine... The biggest change I would make is trying a different oil to see if your engine likes it better. Also can you tell us about your driving habits highway/city/stop and go/a lot of idling? Do you push the car hard ever?

Last edited:
12 ppm of lead is no concern after 5-6k miles. I had that much lead after only 500 miles in one of my engines. I have a Toyota that showed 109 ppm of lead and Polaris labs said it was not an issue after 12K miles on the same oil.

I drive a lot of stop and go and also mostly highway for the most part. Lots of traffic here in Southern California. I don't hear any knocking but then again, I never heard that before so I don't know what to look for. Engine seems fairly quiet for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back