2006 Kia Sorento

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on! Maybe it was a little old granny's car,ALWAYS garaged,hardly driven,pampered,and well loved. Might be a diamond in the rough. Haha the most un-fun cars of course are always the best bargains!

I've seen the sporty model before with the Enkei wheels that looked pretty good, but those are few and far between. I hope everything works out with the Kia, she REALLLLYYY wants it

Last edited:
If it has the same 3.5 that our '03 has, which it does, pass on it. The Sorento is great, until the damper spins on the front of the crankshaft and ruined the motor. Not to mention what happens to the occupants when the vehicle losses all control at speed when the motor konks out. Class action suit against kia for this defective damper design. This motor in the sedona works fine, not the Sorento so much.

Well Stang,looks like the grannymobile may be her next car :^) I bet it'll be the most reliable,lowest maintenance vehicle y'all could hope for. Have her take it for a drive and see what she thinks.

Thanks ddtmoto, that's a deal breaker...no way I'm buying that now. She wanted a van anyway, so maybe she'll go for the Sienna. I love toyotas...my dad has a Tundra with 220000 miles with zero issues...he just bought an FRS and passed the truck on to my little brother. My mom is buying a new accord next year so I'm hoping to get her 04 G35.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stang40
I'm hoping to get her 04 G35.

cheers3.gif

You guys haven't been looking for very long, I understand a car is a necessity but maybe go look at some other dealerships and see what else. Look at RAV4s too

But honestly, that Camry looked to be very well cared for...figures lol

Those Camry's last forever, that would be a no brainer for me. Better MPG's and better reliability.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
But honestly, that Camry looked to be very well cared for...figures lol

Those Camry's last forever, that would be a no brainer for me. Better MPG's and better reliability.

You're absolutely right on! My sisters Camry of that vintage was used by her and my nephews and by now must have well over 200,000 miles on it. Never once has been to the shop for any reason. Boring car,bur impeccably reliable.

Looks like we may go with a 2007 Suzuki XL7. Lengthened Equinox platform with GM 3.6L. Checking it out on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back