2006 Kia Sorento

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Mustang was totaled Wednesday morning (no injuries) and we went car shopping today. The wife found a 06 Sorento that seems pretty solid, and I looked it over and all looks good. I don't know a whole lot about them but what I did hear was good. Everyone just says to stay 2005 and newer with Kia/Hyundai. Does anyone have one of these with any good or bad experiences?

Last edited:
Seems like many have issues with AC. I just looked up the reviews on Edmunds, I am not impressed.

Hyundai and Kia both pretty much the same company makes some great running cars. In my soon to be sold engine shop we dont see them to often their engines seem to be great. Their cars also look nice but they are not cheap anymore. Their warranty is 10 years 100,000 miles on the drivetrain if you buy it new

Haven't bought yet but the dealer just replaced the ac compressor. The electrical issues in the reviews scare me though. There was also a nice Sienna on the lot for the same price....maybe I'll try to convince her to go that route.

Yeah she's ok, thanks man. She was behind a car that got hit head on by a car with no lights on at 6:30 am.

Last edited:
That's all I cared about, and I was able to get there pretty quick. She was shaken up but not even a scratch thankfully.

Take her out on a really nice date
smile.gif
. Our loves ones are very precious!

Thankfully she's ok.

They have a Toyota on the lot at the same price and you're deciding whether a Kia or Toyota would be better? LOL go for the Toyota!

Haha I know it would be a no brainer for me, but it's gonna be hers, and I want her to like what she's driving. They had a Sienna and a Camry in our price range, but she saw this one and fell in love...I might have to start planting seeds of doubt lol

It's an 05 I think, which that body style is kind of granny-ish to me. I'm all about function over fashion but I don't think she's gonna go for it.

Originally Posted By: Stang40
It's an 05 I think, which that body style is kind of granny-ish to me. I'm all about function over fashion but I don't think she's gonna go for it.

Haha yeah,it's definitely the granny body style! My sister has one and it's a VERY plain jane car! Silver with gray cloth seats. Plain and boring haha!

I'm still gonna take it to the shop I work at on Tuesday and give a thorough once over. I was kind of shocked by some of those bad reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back