2006 Honda Civic Suspension Parts

Looking to replace some of the suspension components in summer.

Thinking front LCAs and lower ball joints for now. Or should I replace other components like outer tie rods, stabilizer end links, etc.?

If so, any brands I should steer clear on rock auto? Any recommendations? Thank you.

For the sway bar links, definitely CTR. They have a nut on the other end, instead of that stupid hex key in the middle that likes to strip :D

For the control arms, get Delphi, Suspensia, or CTR. Delphi and Suspensia control arms are available with and without the ball joint, while CTR only sells their control arms without the ball joint.

Rock Auto doesn't carry CTR, but you can get CTR parts from Partsgeek, or even from Amazon. If you buy them on Amazon, make sure you get the ones shipped from and sold by CTR Auto Parts. This is direct from the manufacturer, so you don't have to worry about the scary counterfeit parts buying from Amazon.

Suspensia is made in where, any idea?

Suspensia vs Moog vs B&A; https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/honda,2006,civic,1.8l+l4,1432623,suspension,control+arm,10401

Anything else, while am planning it? Thanks
According to a few postings on Bitog, it is assumed that Suspensia used to be Deeza Suspension because they are made in Turkey. I won't ever buy Deeza parts again since I had 2 outer tie rod ends fall apart in 14 months on a Honda Element and they refused to honor their so-called "lifetime warranty".

As recommended by slacktide_bitog, the CTR parts are Korean manufactured OEM grade components. Sankei 555 are high quality Japan made suspension parts frequently used as OEM on Toyotas, but they are hard to find.

Last edited:
Suspensia is made in where, any idea?

Suspensia vs Moog vs B&A; https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/honda,2006,civic,1.8l+l4,1432623,suspension,control+arm,10401

Anything else, while am planning it? Thanks

Suspensia and Delphi parts are made in Turkey. The Delphi parts are made by Disa, and Suspensia might be, too. Disa supplies to many OEM and Tier 1 aftermarket names. Disa used to sell parts under their own name in the US as Deeza, but they no longer do so.

Moog and Beck/Arnley are a crapshoot nowadays :sneaky:

You could get Sankei 555, Turkish Disa-made parts, or Chinese garbage in a Moog or B/A box :cautious:

Last edited:
The Moog ball joints and tie-rod ends for my Honda were Made in the USA.

1705631803686.jpg

The only aftermarket parts I truly trust are Sankei 555. They do sell ball joints for this vehicle.

After that, if I'm not willing to buy from an online dealer (assuming parts are still available) I typically go by price - at least to some extent.

Was it for element or a different Honda?
It was for the Element; however, I also put Moog tie rod ends on my friend's Honda Odyssey last November and those were made in Japan. I only use the premium "Problem Solver" grade with the lifetime warranty when buying Moog parts. Moog's standard "Service" grade line are typically lower quality Chinese parts that only have a 1 year warranty.

Funny thing is that I have never had to make a warranty claim on any Moog part and I keep my vehicles for 20 years! We bought the Element new in 2003.

Last edited:
It was for the Element; however, I also put Moog tie rod ends on my friend's Honda Odyssey last November and those were made in Japan. I only use the premium "Problem Solver" grade with the lifetime warranty when buying Moog parts. Moog's standard "Service" grade line are typically lower quality Chinese parts that only have a 1 year warranty.

Funny thing is that I have never had to make a warranty claim on any Moog part and I keep my vehicles for 20 years! We bought the Element new in 2003.
Any idea where it would show problem solver on RA? https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/honda,2006,civic,1.8l+l4,1432623,suspension,control+arm,10401

It appears that Moog only offers one level ("Premium Grade") of Lower Control Arms for the Civic that falls in-between "Service" and "Problem Solver" grade. The Moog warranty on those LCAs is 3 years.

For what it's worth, I put a Moog LCA on my friend's Honda Odyssey in 2019 and it has been problem-free for over 50,000 miles so far. That particular LCA was a bit expensive because it was cast alloy and made in Taiwan.

Last edited:
Back