2006 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

A friend of mine was at the SEMA show and said the Civic Si calls for a 5w-30 oil, not 5w-20.

HA! I'm sure a few people around here will still insist on using 5w20.

Nice car but as someone has has already mentioned, too heavy, too ugly.
Ariel Atom has the same engine and transmission as the Civic SI, but with only 1003 lb to push around, it does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds.

-

There is also a 300hp supercharged version that did 0-100-0 in 10.88 seconds. That is quicker than a Mclaren F1. And it all started with a Civic engine.

I see struts as the biggest weakness in BMW handling. The strengths are balance, rwd, and well developed chassis. They have made the struts work very well, but the strut design will never have the physics-defying steering of something like my G20, which uses an articulating control arm setup in front to mimic the geometry of a car with extraordinarily long double wishbones. (When Nissan designed the G20, in fact, their goal was to make the best-handling front driver in the world.)

But, for me, the BMWs are more fun to drive - no amount of tweaking of the laws of physics by any G20 or similarly magical front driver can match a perfect weight distribution combined with rwd for pure, tossable, throttle-controllable street-going fun.

- Glenn

No, my bad, I thought it was a 2-door somehow. A fine car, I'm sure - I haven't driven one.

What I was posting on, though, was the potential superiority of non-strut front suspensions, which you can really feel on any car that has a well designed control arm system. In my case the best example is the G20. Even so, the benefits of a balanced chassis are bigger still. My opinion. YMMV.

- Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back