2006 buick lucerne radiator drain/fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to do a radiator drain and fill for my 06 lucerne with the 3,8 v6 ...however I cannot find the petcock /drain plug for the radiator...any help? thanks and easiest way to proceed,,i have the front tires on ramps right now..gouing to do a drain refill with dex cool 50/50

does that completely drain the radiator..the hose sits up about two inches from the bottom of the rad

On my Buick 3.8 I disconnected the lower and upper rad hose and flushed it through with loads of water form the garden hose. I used plumbers pliers to squeeze the clamp. Filled it with water and drove it to the store and back. Flushed it again. It dripped for a good while. I made a 50 50 mix of distilled water and Peak global lifetime. I ditched the Death cool. I had death cool sludge in the over flow bottle. Had to clean it out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
I used plumbers pliers to squeeze the clamp.

Which Buick is that? There's no way in a million years I could ever fit plumber's pliers down by my lower radiator hose. Matter of fact, when I remove my lower radiator hose, I gotta use the cable tool AND remove the electric fans.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I've always used Channelocks and accessed it from underneath the vehicle.

What if the ears are facing up; then what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back