2005 suburban airbag light

You should proceed by telling us which of the three cars in your signature it is.

I bet it's the 'burb, and I bet it's a front bumper sensor that swelled from salt life.

Well, this would be the answer…
Go to an auto parts store and borrow their scanner. I've found they often read ABS and airbag codes. Not always, but it's a free check. My airbag light was a seat belt sensor so it didn't know if I had my seatbelt on or not (which I guess changes the speed the airbag exits at).

When this happened on our old '05 Yukon I used AE with full GM package to get the code for a front bumper sensor (it'll tell you which side). I replaced with Dorman which, at the time, appeared IDENTICAL to what came out including sticker on the unit (I seem to recall a QR code printed on the part)

Last edited:
Always do the simple things first. Unplugging and replugging all visible connectors sometimes works. And using this stuff has saved me more times than I can count:

Someone once posted how to make that link a clicky. Can someone help a computer challenged user?
Forum software does it for you these days

Always do the simple things first. Unplugging and replugging all visible connectors sometimes works. And using this stuff has saved me more times than I can count:

Someone once posted how to make that link a clicky. Can someone help a computer challenged user?

I have used that alot and it appears to work. But, does the disconnecting and reconnecting of terminals cut through the corrosion and muck and is the real reason that spray appears tp work? It seems to work really well for guitar electronics.

Back