2005 snapper 21in walkbehind blade confusion

Blade replacement time I use my mower to cut a 100 x 100 ft subdivision house lawn- st augustine grass . Also I have a vacant lot 100x200 that the grass grows deep on as I only cut it 6 times a year- lawn type is weeds hee hee. the manual lists 3 blades - a 2-6691 standard lift blade - 1-7168 mulching blade and a - ninja blade. the mower has a side discharge attachment, and also a "recycling mulching" attachment which just blocks off the side discharge. It came with a ninja blade- they are more expensive. If I buy a standard blade and use the mulching plate will I get any mulch effect or do I need the mulching blade too? whats the ninja blade about?. I tried mowing the vacant lot with the mulcher plate on and it was grim - too much grass, so I now use the side discharge chute on the vacant lot - that works

I have the mulching blade on mine but still generally use the side discharge chute... If mulching I just block the chute and have at it, but unless the grass is still fairly short my old 3.5Hp Briggs couldn't do the job... I haven't tried mulching since I installed the 5.5Hp Honda but the difference in power is night and day, might be worth trying just to see how it performs now...

JTK

I'd just bolt up a regular, low-lift mulching blade in place of the ninja blade if that's what you want to do. I've got a 21" Snapper Commercial self-propelled (ninja) mulcher. Mine won't clump or stall, but it will lay over real high stuff instead of cutting/mulching it. The ninja blade is crazy loud too. Mine does blow a bit of clippings out the left side which is annoying, but you could literally bury the mower in a pile of dry leaves and it will powder them up with out even being close to stalling the engine. Joel

edwardh1

I ordered a mulching blade made in the USA by oregon, it was about $8 more than an ace hardware blade thats made in china. all you know about the $15 china made product is that it is metal. has black paint and comes in a carton labelled mower blade.