2005 Honda CBR1000RR Mobil 1 15W50 EP 4345 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 CBR1000RR Mobil 1 15W50 EP Analysis by Oil Analyzers Inc
This was in the bike from 702 miles. Oil Analyzers comments - "Wear metal(s) appear to be high - possibly from normal break-in - change oil and filter if not done when sampled"

Miles on Engine: 5,047 miles
Miles on Oil: 4,345 miles
Time on Oil: 192 days
Oil Filter: Mobil 1 M1-108
Air Filters: BMC Racing

Al 79
Ba 0
B 164
Ca 2552
Cr 1
Cu 12
Fe 50
Pb 1
Mg 30
Mo 74
Ni 0
P 964
Si 21
Ag 0
Na 0
Sn 0
Zn 1271
K 0
V 0
Ti 0
%Fuel %Water 0
Soot/Solids N/A
Glycol NEG
OXID N/A
NITR N/A
V100C 12.53
TBN 7.14

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about MC's. Oil is now a 30 wt. Al/Fe are very high. Somdin ain't rite.

Originally Posted By: buster
I don't know much about MC's. Oil is now a 30 wt. Al/Fe are very high. Somdin ain't rite.

This oil went in the bike at 700 miles (break-in).

I think your numbers are good for a sportbike with 4000miles on the oil, but too high for me.

The most important changes are in the early miles, do the extended runs later in life, like post 20,000 mile where you wont have all that debri developing and floating around in your oil.

Considering I dont like to see more than 10ppm on aluminum and iron in between my changes, we have some different views>G<

Originally Posted By: Mackelroy
I think your numbers are good for a sportbike with 4000miles on the oil, but too high for me.

The most important changes are in the early miles, do the extended runs later in life, like post 20,000 mile where you wont have all that debri developing and floating around in your oil.

Considering I dont like to see more than 10ppm on aluminum and iron in between my changes, we have some different views>G<

I won't disagree with you. I think it's A LOT of wear metal as well. Take a look at my second oil change UOA posted in this same forum using Repsol 4T Racing 10W50. It AGAIN had high were metals. From what I've seen looking at other UOA for the CBR1000RR on this site it seems wear metals are quite high on everyone's. Not sure what the deal is.

I always thought a good oil filter (Mobil 1) would filter out all the little bits, but apparently not.

Last edited by a moderator:
The numbers aren't bad at all considering that it's a shared sump with the transmission and the oil went in at 700 miles...I'm surprized the oil didn't shear down more than it did since its been in there that long.

I'd have to agree with the early changes though...Motorcycles get alot of contaminants in the oil because of the clutch plates and the higher RPM's...Change it often and wait till it has some time on it before you go extended intervals that way yo won't have as many wear metals floating during those long intervals..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back