2004 Silverado Ext Cab - Carrier bearing replaced, now driveline vibration over 45mph.

Also if you look at reviews on Amazon for the Anchor part # in question there's mostly positive but a few that raise serious concerns and sound similar to OP's issue.

Problem occurs after the install of a garbage quality company bearing product. I think I know where I'd start, and Anchor brand parts aren't the answer for a repair here. Garbage quality aftermarket parts are rampant these days...

Reactions: D60
Clock the driveshaft half turn.
That's what my next door neighbor (retired heavy equipment mechanic) wants to try this weekend.

He also wants to give the entire driveline, and all of the u-joints a close inspection. A second set of eyes might catch something small that's not quite right.

I'm not going to stop him, LOL.

Last edited:
It’s worth a try. Ensure the pinion yoke where the u-joint cups seat are clean. If one is slightly cocked it can screw up the geometry. Do you recall if your mechanic set the preload? Most GMs are 19 to 22 lb ft rotating torque. Also did he replace the pinion nut? Edit: If your mechanic does have to dive back in try your Chevy dealer to see if they have pinion bearings. They used to come in a GM box but were Timken. Yukon bearings are good also. Rebuilt my last 12 bolt (Chevelle) with a Yukon bearing kit. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Back