2004 Nissan Sentra limp mode issues

I recently became the owner of a 2004 Nissan Sentra, which is having issues with limp mode. I scanned the car and got back 3 codes, P1122 , P0507 , and P1128 . I'm currently attending an automotive trade school and showed the codes to my instructor, and we did some digging online and he suggested to replace the throttle body, which I did with with this part from RockAuto. I did the relearn process for it multiple times once I finished swapping it, yet the SES light would not go out even though I did it correctly each time. I test drove it after sometime, and it was out of limp mode with the SES light still on for about 2 minutes before re-entering limp mode. I'm still learning a lot in the automotive world, so if anyone has any advice/fixes with these issues, it would be much appreciated! : )

Welcome to Bitog! Me? I was a tech a Honda dealer out of high school through my high schools vocational program, quit, went to Nashville Diesel College, worked on dump trucks and dump semis and now work at UPS making $39 an hour. BIG shortage of semi mechanics. I'll make over 6 figures this year with OT.

Check all wiring and connectors for tares, shorts, or loose connections. Many times the component itself is fine, it's the wiring. A multimeter set to continuity is your best friend here.

Welcome to Bitog! Me? I was a tech a Honda dealer out of high school through my high schools vocational program, quit, went to Nashville Diesel College, worked on dump trucks and dump semis and now work at UPS making $39 an hour. BIG shortage of semi mechanics. I'll make over 6 figures this year with OT.

You were at that time when you were younger and now a very smart guy skyactiv....

Diesel mechanics can make very good money.

Need to inspect the electronic throttle wiring very closely....

P1122 Electronic Throttle Control Actuator Malfunction
P1128 Throttle Control Motor Circuit Shorted

Back