2004 Lexus, 167k miles. Would 4 previous owners scare you off?

It is being sold as-is by a Honda dealership in Cincinnati, Ohio. Buyer beware that they may tack on a superfluous $499 charge for some nonsense "Pulse Protection Rear-End Collision Deterrent System" feature.....
Sounds like just another unnecessary added cost feature (otherwise known as dealer extra profit). I'd insist they remove it.

As I've reported before my (then new) Honda had "dealer marked windows". Window theft deterrence I suppose. At least it had a sticker that said the windows had been marked. I said I didn't want that "feature" and they said "then it's a good thing we haven't marked them yet." I never did find out the cost of that "added cost feature." They left the sticker though.

# of owners at that age ? People get sick/tired and move on after a handful of years...the rest of the world isn't BITOG.

Find out when Tbelt was done...plugs, etc. The 3.3 is a Tbelt engine.

I wouldn't have any second-thoughts about considering the vehicle in question, but something to keep in mind...

I'm more DIY-centric and I tend to keep vehicles a long time, but this would apply even if you're having others do your repair work

Other than the underhood mechanical stuff being addressed, the only other thing about dealing with an older Lexus (+20 years old) is the availability of non-maintenance, dealer-only parts. Twenty-years is just about getting to the point of when new, Lexus/Toyota-only parts will start to go extinct.

Might be a good idea to visit a Lexus parts website and just browse the parts area. Pick your year/model and just scroll down the parts list for various categories.

FWIW, I did a quick look for the Lexus in question and parts appear to be still available, but for how long is unknown.

Back