2004 accord 2.4l coolant drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I want to do a basic drain/refill of the radiator and the overfill tank, do I have to open the bleeder valve(if there is one on the car)to get the bubbles out???

Short answer is --yes. Open it slowly to let any air out before you start the engine. FWIW--Oldtommy

It's easier and faster opening the bleeder. Open the bleeder when you go to fill the system and close bleeder when a stream of coolant flows out of it. Then do the run engine until thermostat opens procedure.

2nd dumb question from me...where id the bleeder located on this engine?? I can't find it.

Last edited:
It might not have one. some of the later models have the thermostat at the waterpump inlet and don't have a bleeder. Just go ahead with the normal fill and bleed procedure.

I did a coolant drain & fill on the wife's 2004 Accord with a 2.4L about a year ago when I first bought the car. I don't recall there being a bleeder on it at all.

I dumped the antifreeze from the pan into a couple of empty milk jugs- mostly to measure how much came out. So when I refilled with Honda Type II, I made sure that that same amount went back in. I was able to pour most of it right into the radiator. Had to over-fill the overflow bottle a little to get the rest in there. It was down to the correct level after a couple of heat cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back