2003 Suburban 5.3L - Plug Gap - Conflicting Information

I don't know much about spark plugs, but these looked pretty good to me compared to plugs I have removed in the past on other vehicles.
At least 138 k miles on these and likely 204k miles, assuming the previous owner did not service them prior to the 66k miles I bought it with.
Gaps varied from .062 to .067
Looks like everything was pretty consistent between all the plugs except 2nd from the front passenger side.
I feel like I could have gone another 50k on these, but glad I changed them. Relatively easy job on this vehicle. A little scratched up from rear passenger side.
2022-08-03 18.23.52.jpg

That is reassuring.
These engines and vehicles are amazing. you have 280k , I have 204k and still runs like new. Need to so some rear end work soon though.
Easy to work on everything on this. I haven't encountered anything that I would say was hard to get to yet. I have a 98 Expedition as well with 250k, but it is nightmare to work on anything on that thing and it lacks power for towing.
I didn't used to be brand loyal, but having worked on Expedition and Suburban now, my next one will be a similar GM for sure. They have their problems like anything else, but I like the serviceability, longevity and power Just need something a little more than what I got for towing..maybe the 2500...sorry getting off topic here.
Don't worry, GM screwed it up with AFM circa '07-11, but there are ways around that if it hasn't already damaged the engine in question ;)

But I agree - I enjoyed working on the two GMT800s I owned and the 5.3 is zippy (unladen) and smooth for a pushrod V8 in a truck

Back