2003 Buick Park Avenue

Originally Posted by Lubener
I had a Lesabre which isn't much different from a PA. Bought from "little old lady" , garage kept and 41k miles on it. Worst car I have owned. Sold it two years later because it was going to break me and got a Grand Marquis which is far superior in my opinion. Transmissions are weak and tempermental, the engine is good once you take care of the usual things with a 3.8. If the car hasn't had both intake gaskets done, expect it. I hope you fare better.

The PA Ultra has the better, heavier duty transmission allegedly. I'm not worried about it since the fluid is clean and doesn't smell burnt! The HG's have been done too, have all the service records ever done on the car! The older generation was good about saving all that stuff for sure.

Big and practical, other than when parking it. Then it's just big.

Keep the rust away, don't tow anything with it, treat the intake manifold parts as wear items, and they're pretty great.

I'd bet most younger people who make fun of them have never sat in one.

Originally Posted by jongies3
I had a Lesabre which isn't much different from a PA. Bought from "little old lady" , garage kept and 41k miles on it. Worst car I have owned. Sold it two years later because it was going to break me and got a Grand Marquis which is far superior in my opinion. Transmissions are weak and tempermental, the engine is good once you take care of the usual things with a 3.8. If the car hasn't had both intake gaskets done, expect it. I hope you fare better.

The PA Ultra has the better, heavier duty transmission allegedly. I'm not worried about it since the fluid is clean and doesn't smell burnt! The HG's have been done too, have all the service records ever done on the car! The older generation was good about saving all that stuff for sure.

4T65E transmission I believe. Hardly a workhorse. Hope your not doing any towing.

Last edited:
4T65E transmission I believe. Hardly a workhorse. Hope your not doing any towing.

L67 equipped vehicles got the 4T65E-HD. Upgraded axles and some other components. Not the most robust transmission, but I got about 170k hard miles out of mine and it was still doing fine when I sold it.

They're known to take quite a bit of power fairly reliably, these cars (not necessarily the PA, but many others with same powertrain) were favorites to modify given how inexpensively you can unleash extra power from the series II S/C engine.

Originally Posted by jongies3

i'd like to have one of those little old lady cars with only 45,000 miles on it 😢😢

Back