2003 Buick Century 3.1 intake manifold port size

Anyone know where i can look up the port size for a lower intake manifold on a 2003 buick century 3.1 sfi?

Took to mechanic for head gasket issue. Mechanic showed me lower intake manifold that had cracks in it. Said he couldn't find a new one in town so I ordered a dorman lower intake manifold from partsgeek and had it sent to his shop. Repairs done but now has a check engine light that says it's getting too much air. Blames the part i ordered by saying the port sizes are too large and are allowing it to get more air. Says a year older or newer MAF sensor may fix the problem. I found the port size on the dorman (51 mm ; 33 mm) and i want to check those numbers against the oem specs to see if he's accurate in his assessment or if he's covering for a goof that may have been made.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of where to look, I haven't had much luck on google.

He's full of it, there's a vacuum leak from something he screwed up.

The throttle and idle air control motor keeps the amount of incoming air appropriate. You can put the most giant manifold on there but still get it to idle right with the throttle body, as long as all the other holes are plugged.

Besides, he would have had to line the manifold up with the gaskets and if there was a mismatch he'd have seen it then.

He's full of it, there's a vacuum leak from something he screwed up.

The throttle and idle air control motor keeps the amount of incoming air appropriate. You can put the most giant manifold on there but still get it to idle right with the throttle body, as long as all the other holes are plugged.

Besides, he would have had to line the manifold up with the gaskets and if there was a mismatch he'd have seen it then.
So he was saying that it is of my millimeters and thats why he wouldn't have seen it......

Does the part number in the catalog match your model year and motor? Tell him to fix it. Stop payment if you have to get his attention. It was a good enough part for him to take the job.

If you had let the shop source the parts instead of trying to save a few bucks buying it yourself, this would not be an issue now. Even if he did screw up the install, he can now blame it on the part you provided.
Hi and thanks for replying. The car was actually in for a head gasket repair. He found the lower intake manifold cracked. He said he couldn't find the part in town and was saying he had little choice but to obtain one from the junk yard....which would have run about $100 or so, or find a used one. I checked Advanced, oreiley, and autozone they all stated about a week and a half to obtain the part....of which all 3 offered this same Dorman product and only this product. Partsgeek was able to get it in 2 days if i paid for the fastest shipping option which I did. The part ended up costing more money with the express shipping option than it would have from any other source but i was able to obtain it faster as he "wanted to hurry up and get it done". So I wasn't trying to save any money.....i was sourcing the exact same product the fastest way possible to accommodate his desire for expedience. I always tip the mechanic extra money and do everything to make thier job easier as my father was a mechanic. I checked with him first before i ordered the part.

But I do hear your point and will take that advice for future repairs.

Does the part number in the catalog match your model year and motor? Tell him to fix it. Stop payment if you have to get his attention. It was a good enough part for him to take the job.
Yes. Auto Zone, rock auto, parts geek, oreiley, anyone i could find that carries the lower intake manifold only sells this Dorman product. Only NAPA did not carry this part at all.
I haven't paid him yet, offered to. but he declined until the job was complete. I've spent around $4,000 in repairs and maintenance on other vehicles in the last 3 months with him and all of his work has been pretty solid on my jimmy, f250, and deville. Planning on a whole lot more with him in the coming months. This jobs holding everything up though. Thank you for taking time to help me with advice.

2003 buick century.....looks right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415-060858.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415-060858.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 15
Well update for anyone who cares:
I did some prerry hard investigating and found that eventhough the dealer website lists the part as a fit for the 2003 Buick Century, the manufacturer website, Dorman only lists it for the 2005 Buick Century and not my 2003 https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-106250-615-284.aspx?parttype=Intake%20Manifold&origin=keyword . It lists earlier model years of the 3.1 engine like on the chevy malibu all the way back to 2000. So now i guess i have to go with the mechanics idea of using a different MAF sensor or paying him to take the whole thing apart and redo with a used or reman lower intake manifold.

Any input or comments are appreciated.

According to GM, the part numbers are 12590280 or 19303529 respectively
Replacing 12582983, 12579681, 24507497
They fit many vehicles, the interchangeably is quite high
Screenshot_20230416-233618.png

I wouldn't think you could get port measurements, focus on finding the correct manifold

Dormans gonna Dormant, know what I mean 🤷‍♂️

Back