Nickel..0.0/0.0
Chromium..0.9/1.3
Titanium..0.0/0.0
Copper...7.4/11
Aluminum..10/25
Tin...0.0/0.0
Lead 1.9/2.9
Silver..0.1/0.0

Wear Check noted increase in Aluminum levels. Their limit is 25.

After I took the most recent sample, I noted that I could not easily see through the sample any more.

Given ongoing problems with Honda AT's, I'm considering a complete flush of the system with new Honda ATF-Z1 fluid.

The iron is high but the TAN is really low. What if it's normal for Z1 fluid to have aluminum in a VOA?
Was the ATF drained & refilled at both sample times? If not, I would drain & refill.

The fluid should be fairly clear.

This means the ATF should be changed since it is high in particulates.

Too bad we don't have an oxidation percentage.

I would agree with changing this now. Iron is higher than I would like. Seems these Honda transmission produce lots of iron and aluminum. I think a 30,000 mile change is a good interval to stick with.

Had my fluid completely changed today at a Honda Dealer using the Honda Transmission Flushing machine. My Acura dealer did not have a flushing machine!!! I got a really good deal because the Honda Service Tech quoted me $50 Can to do a complete flush including the fluid!! I said "are you sure??? he said yes. When I took it in, the Service Manager said it would be more than this for a flush, but they honored the price quote!! London Honda in London Ontario Canada.

RealWing:
Acura has extended the warranty on the AT for 2001-2003 CL/TLs to 7yrs/100k. As other Honda automatics with V6 engines also have more than their share of problems, are you sure yours hasn't been included as well?
I understand your concern and your hope that PM can prevent problems, but at least on the TL/CL there's nothing you can do (and switching ATF brands is probably the worst thing, warranty-wise). It just isn't your responsibility, beyond whatever the normal service schedule says...

It just isn't your responsibility, beyond whatever the normal service schedule says...

Unless you wnat you car to last past the warranty periodand not habe it cost you major $$ for repairs
frown.gif

I missed this post this summer.

I wonder what the wear values on pre-03 AT units with transfer case and transimission sharing the same bath.

Anyway, compare to my result with one time drain/fill(3.25 qts at 15k),these values are not bad. I believe MDX's manual do recommend ATF service at 30k.

Is the shop's flushing machine is similar to Jiffy Lube's T-Tech unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back