Status
Not open for further replies.
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon.
Total Miles: 127,XXX
Miles on Oil: 3,200
Oil: 0w30 German Castrol Syntec
Makeup Oil: 0 quarts
Filter: OEM Blue Subaru Filter

I bought my WRX last year with 108,000 Miles on the clock. Previous owner religiously changed the oil every 3-4000 miles at the dealer, with whatever Valvoline the dealer had been using. I got the car and did the 12oz Auto-RX treatment on the car, and then after the directions indicated so, I switched to GC with the 3oz Auto-RX maintenance dose.

I drive pretty much 75% highway, 25% city. I drive the car fairly hard at times, but a lot of the time I just get on the highway and set the cruise. This UOA had 1200 miles worth of trips on it (3- 8 hour round trips) at 75-85mph. Car does have a Amsoil EAA drop in panel filter.

I had the anaylsis done at Blackstone. The low fuel could have been from the short trip I took before changing the oil.

oilreport.jpg

Isn't a bad UOA at all. Any reason you don't run it longer? Your driving style would probably be right in line with double this mileage. Nothing seems worth noting besides a good run.

Thanks for posting this!

Ditch the Auto-Rx if you're using such oils. Also, extend out those drains, and if you're going to spend money on an analysis, then you might as well pay a little extra for TBN, so you can for-sure decide on longer intervals.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Isn't a bad UOA at all. Any reason you don't run it longer? Your driving style would probably be right in line with double this mileage. Nothing seems worth noting besides a good run.

Thanks for posting this!

Not really. I just hadn't gotten around to doing a UOA over the last 20K of ownernship, so I never assume I can take the long drains unless I do some trending. My previous car that I drove hard, put 3K as the max with GC, but then again that was an LT1 with 180K, and a LOT Of hard hard miles..

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Ditch the Auto-Rx if you're using such oils. Also, extend out those drains, and if you're going to spend money on an analysis, then you might as well pay a little extra for TBN, so you can for-sure decide on longer intervals.

I thought Auto-rx in the maintenance dose was recommended with Grp IV oils to help keep seals in good shape, and to provide just a little extra cleaning and such? I may look into doing the TBN.

How does the silicon look? Someone on the Subie forums commented it was high especially for an Amsoil EAA filter, but I do drive in pretty dusty enivornments sometimes (highways by farm fields, gun range on dirt road, etc).

As far as I know, group IV oils don't have the same purported effects on seals as group V oils. Also, it is my opinion that so long as the oil is changed at appropriate intervals, "extra cleaning" is not applicable.

Silicon looks fine to me. I've seen some UOA with lower, but may more with higher. I wouldn't worry about it one little bit.

Originally Posted By: Buffman

How does the silicon look? Someone on the Subie forums commented it was high especially for an Amsoil EAA filter, but I do drive in pretty dusty enivornments sometimes (highways by farm fields, gun range on dirt road, etc).

Oops! I thought the Si was 19. Although, I didn't say that the Si was high but "your Si might drop with the Eaa air filter".
smile.gif

The Eaa is the only air filter that brought my Si down to the single digits. It wasn't even that low with OEM.

-Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back