2002 Toyota Corolla Transmission Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my data. I dont know why they didnt compare it to another 4 speed auto, and why they didnt know what transmission it was as I told them it was a 4 speed auto from a'02 Corolla. I emailed them about it, maybe it will get corrected. But, its a 2002 Corolla 4 speed Auto with 111111 miles, 40,000 of those on new fluid. Hopefully someone has a transmission they can compare it to tell me comparatively the status.
oilreports2.jpg

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
I think THIS is what they were looking for. Also consider Lubegard Red, should help those #'s
Thanks, I sent them the data of which transmission I had. I guess I assumed too much when I told them the make, year and engine of the car. And I put lubeguard in this last drain and fill.

Last edited:
As the owner of a 2002 Corolla, I am curious on your maintenance schedule with this car.

I've been doing a D&F with every other oil change (OCI = 5,000 as per factory, so D&F every 10,000) using the Toyota T-IV factory fluid. Fluid comes out nice and clear and trans performs flawlessly, but I haven't done a UOA on it yet...93K on the car, driven by our kids...

I do drain and fill every 30000 miles. This last time I put a bottle of lubeguard in it.
The write up from them states the aluminum comes from converter or oil pump, and the iron and copper come from steel shafts and bearings.

I don't think the SuperTech ATF is doing you any favors, assuming the tranny is in decent shape, and using an aftermarket additive will not make a marginal fluid better.

I would recommend moving up to any of the Maxlife products at the least.

Also check the dipstick seating. Assuming BlackStone is reporting the silicon levels correctly, you have about 13 ppm more than I like to see.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steve40th
Thanks, I sent them the data of which transmission I had. I guess I assumed too much when I told them the make, year and engine of the car.

I had fluid from a Vibe analyzed last summer. I included the exact transmission model, but the report came back marked "MAKE/MODEL: Transmission Toyota, Automatic," and the comments section said "Universal averages for a Toyota transmission are based on ~30,000 miles."

I didn't think to follow up about it, but that suggests to me Blackstone only tracks data by make, not specific trans models or fluids. (I noted WS fluid but the viscosity "should be" values were the same range as yours.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back