2001 Honda Valkyrie

99 Interstate here. These can hydrolock if the stars line up against you. I put a solenoid in my fuel line (Dan Marc I think). Also a guy makes a shift improvement kit that supports the end of the shaft and stops the slop that causes the leak. Makes the shifting firmer too. People think the CBX was smooth but mine was not. It was SMOOTHER, but not much. The Valk is SMOOTH! If you guys have not been to VRCC forums check it out. Lots of good info. (https://www.valkyrieriders.com/)

Shift kit is from Jersey Mike. Here is a post from my install.
There is one called Shifter Buddy I think, as well as ebay knock offs, which is what I have. The Shifter Buddy guy only sells on Facebook and wasn't replying to me, so I ordered from ebay. Of course a day or two after that he finally replied.

The ebay knock off came with the seal and I almost tossed it, but decided to keep it. Well, this year the OEM seal started leaking. When I pulled it off it was rock hard, so no wonder it started leaking even with the shifter support installed.
Fortunately the job is easy and quick, although a bit fiddly.

I'm surprised Honda didn't put that right in the first place. In the early days I think they would have.

Back