2001 Honda CRV - p0335 and other codes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2001 CR-V (Honda/Acura B20B engine) stalled at a stop sign yesterday. I was able to start it back up .I the check engine light was on and go to nearby auto parts store and have the codes read. The codes were P0335 (crankshaft position sensor), P706 (transmission something) and another transmission code. I drove the car back home also close by and made it (no stalling) but I am afraid to drive it anywhere until the problem can be identified and fixed.

Would the multiple codes point to wiring connection problem ? Access to the crankshaft sensor in this car involves a lot of labor (basically the same a that required to change the timing belt). The timing belt job was done just a couple of years ago ( Again, I want to verify that the crankshaft sensor is bad before I take steps to have it replaced (and replace timing belt and wp again. I guess ?). - Thanks

First check the wiring and harness going to the CPS. If it all checks out more than likely the sensor is bad. Fix the po335 problem and forget about the transmission codes until the CPS problem is fixed.

If it has the old distributor ignition system, the CKP sensor is inside the distributor. The sensor on the crank is called CKF and it is not required for the engine to run-- all it does is throw CEL if the timing belt has skipped.

I just figured that out. After letting it sit overnight, I cleared the codes and drovie it again for about 30 minutes it again and it cutting out out at low speeds and the tach went to zero and stayed there with the engine running. It set code P0335 but no others. I think that a new distributor will solve the problem.

Originally Posted by mk378
If it has the old distributor ignition system, the CKP sensor is inside the distributor. The sensor on the crank is called CKF and it is not required for the engine to run-- all it does is throw CEL if the timing belt has skipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back