2000 Mercedes E55 AMG - Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 - 1,893 Miles

Had this car since 2018. I usually change the oil every year regardless of mileage but skipped a few years due to COVID and not driving it a lot. Car has approximately 121K miles on it. I did a TBN to see how that was doing since it's been 2.5 years since changing.

I attribute the high iron to not driving it a lot. This sits for about two weeks at a time without running and I store it in the winter (salt/rust is the enemy of the W210 chassis).

Thinking about running M1 FS 5W-40 next change since it seems to be readily available all of a sudden.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• E55 5-22 Oil Analysis.jpg
    E55 5-22 Oil Analysis.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 159
Am I correct to assume these UOAs are yours and you've been doing them since you bought the car in 2018?

If so you UOAs are showing a significant drop in Iron and copper with each oil change. This tells me that possibly this engine had long OCIs on it. Anyway, keep using and doing what you're doing. Your engine is loving it's new life with you!

Scott

Am I correct to assume these UOAs are yours and you've been doing them since you bought the car in 2018?

Yes that's correct. Judging from the condition of the car when I got it you could be right about the OCIs. There were areas of neglect that I have worked to correct since I have had it. Replaced valve covers and fixing other engine oil leaks and replacing suspension components to name a few.

I'll continue doing UOAs for every change. Partly to check on engine condition and partly because it's entertaining.

Back