$200 for a bypass filter kit?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something? You can purchase a filter relocation kit from Jegs for $25, a Amsoil bypass filter cartridge for $40 and the required lines and fittings for less than $20.
is the bmk21 kit really that special?

Originally Posted By: gofastman
Am I missing something? You can purchase a filter relocation kit from Jegs for $25, a Amsoil bypass filter cartridge for $40 and the required lines and fittings for less than $20.
is the bmk21 kit really that special?

The problem is getting the Amsoil filter to fit your remote adapter. It uses the Cummins 1-16 thread.

I went through this a few years back. You're into about $200 for most bypass systems at a minimum.

One cheaper way is to get a PB80A mount from Amsoil and use a EaBP90 filter on it. The cost is about $50-$60 delivered. From that you'll need to tap in and return it. For that you can use a Permacool sandwich if your volume demands aren't excessive. If they are, then a VERY SMALL hole will have to be drilled in the sandwich adapter.

Now you're up to $100+ since Jeg's and Summit ..and everyone else sells the Permacool for about $35-$40 PLUS S&H.

At that point you'll need reducer bushings and hose barbs (requires 1/8 X (?) ) for the Amsoil cheaper mount and trans cooler hose of the same size (5/16 is common)

These hose barbs aren't just sitting around everywhere in the 1/8 X 5/16 ..so you have (probably) another S&H charge from some place like McMaster-Carr or Grainger or whomever.

Now you can use the remote kit you cited by buying a threaded adapter from a guy on ebay ..but he gets $20 for it ..

There's a few road blocks to saving money on this.

I know your frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back