20 Year Dow's Tawny and English Stilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pallet is quite pleased with this combination. I highly advise it as a desert for those looking for a departure from mediocre combinations of store bought foods and cocktails after a solid entre. Simple to assemble, flavorful and is quite tasty IMHO.

Cropwell Bishop Stilton and I think the finish is still lingering! I believe I may have found my Thursday stress break routine. Life is good...
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
I'm right with you on that side of the equation as well...unfortunately I didn't plan the digestive aspects too well (wife had "friends" over who consumed my stash in advance of my respite
mad.gif
)and I ended up having to get a little Ghetto with some TLC 7 grain in the end. 20 year Dow's is so good though it could be a meal in itself!! Can you say caramel corn and toffee notes dancing in step...I can't complain!

Try some of the others and the vintage ports of course. If you want a real treat look out for the aged Australian liquer Muscats and Tokays, there is nothing else like them. Very addictive though...s

Oh I've touched a few Tokays in my lifetime, but none from Oz. I'll gladly take any recommendations that you have to tender as I plan my annual menu of retreat from insanity.

Sometimes you just have to leap before you look sprintman...give me the gateway suggestion and I'll see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

OK let's see what I can remember and find. Only problem is you live on the wrong side of the world so we'll see what is available there. If nothing there suitable I'll try to get something to you before Xmas and you pay for it if you like it? I think I'm pretty safe.

LOL! I believe in Paypal if necessary :)! I like the "buy now" features for anything that meets/exceeds my expectations. If I can't find one of your suggested indulgences through various channels that I have established here I will be looking to retain you as a "mystery shopper". Either way I'm definitely looking to accumulate and consume large quantities of memorable samples after one of my consulting projects concludes on November 15 (i.e. I'll actually be around the estate to pick up the goods from a FedEx delivery).

Seriously though I am always looking for the next experience in the journey, and from what I've sampled so far in the various viticultural regions of Oz I'm quite impressed already. Your sheep herding neighbors up in NZ seem to do ok as well on the crisp white and pinot varietals.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back