'20 Acadia 3.6L Catrol Edge 5W30 UOA

Had the first UOA done on my wife's Acadia 3.6L
Castrol Edge 5W30 with Fram Ultra (new style) ran for 6,500 miles.
Replaced with Castrol Edge 5W30 and another Fram Ultra and will stay close to the 6,000 mile mark. Don't plan to do extended intervals. Just monitoring to make sure all is good.

We have owned it since new and I'm curious what the "Excess copper, from brass/bronze parts" in the report could potentially mean if that shows up in the next?

Acadia 10-26-22 Oil Report.jpg

The copper does seem high for 28k miles. I'd think break in would be just about done by now. I'd sample again in 6k miles or so and see if it trends downward before getting too concerned.

How do you guys like that Truck? We have been looking at them and possibly adding one to our fleet..
I am pleasantly surprised with it. We moved from a FWD 2.4L Equinox to this (also FWD) and have had it about 2.5 years and do not really have a big complaint yet. With the 3rd row up it does leave a little more storage space to be desired (the Traverse has more storage with 3rd row up, but was out of our budget). But we've got the extra seating needed to let our kids friends and cousins ride along with us when we need it now and AC/Heat to all seats in the car. No extended wait for rear seats to get airflow to heat or cool now. 3.6L is peppy and I enjoy it. Around town we get about 16-17MPG and on a good road trip it gets about 25-26MPG.

Correction: 1 complaint. The Michelin's that came on it were JUNK! We got 22K miles out of them and at about 15K we had issues with terrible road noise and balancing. I have heard from other Acadia owners of the same issues and lack of tread life.

I am pleasantly surprised with it. We moved from a FWD 2.4L Equinox to this (also FWD) and have had it about 2.5 years and do not really have a big complaint yet. With the 3rd row up it does leave a little more storage space to be desired (the Traverse has more storage with 3rd row up, but was out of our budget). But we've got the extra seating needed to let our kids friends and cousins ride along with us when we need it now and AC/Heat to all seats in the car. No extended wait for rear seats to get airflow to heat or cool now. 3.6L is peppy and I enjoy it. Around town we get about 16-17MPG and on a good road trip it gets about 25-26MPG.

Correction: 1 complaint. The Michelin's that came on it were JUNK! We got 22K miles out of them and at about 15K we had issues with terrible road noise and balancing. I have heard from other Acadia owners of the same issues and lack of tread life.

My GF has a '21 Acadia Denali 3.6L AWD. So far it's been great. I do change the oil every 3,000 miles though, due to her driving short trips to and from work (just started to change the filter every other oil change). She now has 15,600 miles on it. We took it on a 1,236 mile road trip earlier this summer. We averaged 26.6 MPG over the entire trip...actual. Very happy with that. One of the tanks we had a good couple of hours of basically idling through a 2 track in “off-road” mode in AWD to reach -PARTRIDGE FALLS- . Nothing too crazy, just narrow and bumpy with a couple wash-outs I had to straddle.

Here are the tank computed MPG with what the vehicle’s computer said in parenthesis.

Tank 1: 296 miles/11.429 gallons……25.9 MPG (28.4)

Tank 2: 373 miles/13.84 gallons……..26.9 MPG (28.1)

Tank 3: 241 miles/10.381 gallons……..23.2 MPG (24.0) (this is when we went off road)

Tank 4: 326 miles/10.758 gallons…….30.3 MPG (30.2) (this was on the way home. Filled up when we got home. Still had ½ tank left and was showing 330 miles till empty!).

I've not heard any tire noise or noticed any vibration yet. They are definitely wearing quick though. I do have a set of OEM 18" take-off wheels from a Traverse that I have mounted a set of Michelin X-Ice on, so those will be going on soon for winter. This will keep the 20" Denali wheels from getting beat up from the salt in winter.

FWIW, I've been using Valvoline EP in hers. May switch to Mobil 1 EP....we'll see.

FWIW, I've been using Valvoline EP in hers. May switch to Mobil 1 EP....we'll see.
I think after this round of Edge, her's will be going to VEP. It's what I am using in my truck and like it. Also, figured out both our rigs can use the RP 20-500 filter and RP has them on sale right now for $11.99 each when you buy 6 or more. For a dollar more per filter over the FU, I think I will grab a 6 pack and get the mesh backed filter media again and just have the same oil and filter for both vehicles.🤘

Back