20,000 miles in a CX-5 GT-R

In my opinion, Mazda makes some of the finest, bang for the buck vehicles. The engineering that goes into their innovative engines, interior quality and driving dynamics are second to none. Glad you like it and wishing you many trouble free years.

In my opinion, Mazda makes some of the finest, bang for the buck vehicles. The engineering that goes into their innovative engines, interior quality and driving dynamics are second to none. Glad you like it and wishing you many trouble free years.
Thanks. That's why I ended up with it. Next step up would be about $50k, less reliable, and cost more to feed and operate. I'll probably keep this one until I go PEV, I've decided. I need 600 EPA rated miles range in an awd SUV before I go PEV, and we arent there yet. Then, it's free fuel for life, for this guy!
89026460_10100245331806491_9117713805558677504_o.jpg

58K mile update:

The folding mirrors again suffered failure at 50K miles. My extended bumper to bumper warranty handled it 100% no muss, no fuss. Repair cost for both total would have been @ $1100.

Lifetime mpg average is 27.0.

Everything else is doing great except the rotors, but I've had warped rotors on every vehicle I've owned last 20K miles, so not much to say, there. Brake pads are at about 50% life currently. I expect to take them to 100K or so.

After all that, I wanna know how to get my girl (wife) into the back seat. I love Mazdas every since owning new 73 RX3 and 07 RX8. I bought it with 6 speed auto which is still wonderful and holds shift on corners at track day, but wife became the minder, and doesn't like any type of spirted driving. She went to sleep once, and it's so quiet I drove 100 mph for an hour on deserted desert road .

Reactions: Ws6
After all that, I wanna know how to get my girl (wife) into the back seat. I love Mazdas every since owning new 73 RX3 and 07 RX8. I bought it with 6 speed auto which is still wonderful and holds shift on corners at track day, but wife became the minder, and doesn't like any type of spirted driving. She went to sleep once, and it's so quiet I drove 100 mph for an hour on deserted desert road .
Mazda did an amazing job on nvh.

Back