2 stroke Steele Generator

For those who don't know, the adjustable idle mixture screw is under this sealed plug, use a small drill bit and drill a hole, then pop it out with a pick or self tapping screw. I'm pointing to it with a pick.

Removing this will allow you to use carb clean and, hopefully, clean out the tiny passageways.

WUZ5MSj.jpg

For those who don't know, the adjustable idle mixture screw is under this sealed plug, use a small drill bit and drill a hole, then pop it out with a pick or self tapping screw. I'm pointing to it with a pick.

Removing this will allow you to use carb clean and, hopefully, clean out the tiny passageways.

WUZ5MSj.jpg
This is an entirely different carb than the carb pictured in post #4 by mk378. I would like to see a picture of the actual carb that is on this engine.
On this particular carb the low speed pilot jet is located underneath the idle speed adjustment screw (the other carb doesn't have an idle speed adjustment screw). The expansion (welch) plug may not need to come out if it is the pilot jet that is restricted.

Last edited:
This is an entirely different carb than the carb pictured in post #4 by mk378.
The carb is the same basic model and application. The difference is that mk378's picture shows an external idle mixture screw. It may be a "replacement" carb from ebay/amazon.

Back