2 job offers need advice

^^I'm not totally sure either.
Former employee of WG said to me {you'd} become a firewall between "the public"; with all their incomplete paperwork and stress.
Chain stores often require traveling.

...and WTH is an "Apprenticeship at a Walgreens, anyway?

A successful pharmacist's son told me the education required for a pharmaceutical career is immense and the pay is bad.
Pharmacists in grocery stores need a union to get fair pay.

Make the supervisors job a managerial rung. Continue educating yourself. Don't run up any stupid debt.

"lengthy resume" divided by time = telling data. Consider having separate, edited resumes for specific talent foci.

Maybe Walgreens for a year and then go to hospital ?

So basically this is a career change ?

Have you considered Costco for a retail job? People seem to enjoy working there. Walgreens has a ton of turnover, clearly the pay isn’t worth the headaches so I’d steer clear of that. My brother is a pharmacist in a large hospital and has a lot of classmates that work at CVS and Walgreens and they hate it.

This article sure make it sounds like they are understaffed and overworked.

Super crazy corporate metrics they have to meet.

In the past the store manager at Walgreens needed to have pharmacy technician license so they can help if regular pharmacy technicians called in sick. This was told to me by former Walgreens pharmacy technician about 20 years ago here in Florida and it make business sense.

Things may have changed.

You may have a better chance at moving into a different position down the road with Whole Paycheck. Pharmacy Tech sounds pretty dead end, unless you love the job.

Saw a recent article about the upcoming Walgreens Strike, where their techs make $16/ hr, while others can get near 30. Make sure you don't get trapped in an indentured servitude situation, where they own you and your license training payments for a lengthy time.

Maybe Walgreens for a year and then go to hospital ?

So basically this is a career change ?
It's a career change, but the pay is $2 higher than walgreens. Walgreens appealed to me because the field I'd be in would be the pharmacy dept. Whole Foods is retail but specialty grocery rather than a typical plaza supermarket. I've done grocery before, but in over qualified roles such as produce clerk and cashier. The whole foods role would be a supervisory role just under a department mamager.

Saw a recent article about the upcoming Walgreens Strike, where their techs make $16/ hr, while others can get near 30. Make sure you don't get trapped in an indentured servitude situation, where they own you and your license training payments for a lengthy time.
The role at Walgreens is $17 while whole foods is $19

I'm just thinking old school (because I am). Lengthy resume means job hopping a lot. Past posts iirc were that you live in your van, have gym membership to utilize showers. You wouldn't give up the van life because you liked the transient travelling around lifestyle not being committed to a job or area.

From a manager that interviews and hires there are many red flags to a resume like that for me and my requirements. The skills my employees need require lengthy hands on training for proper equipment operation. I also need to make sure employees follow standard SOP's etc as we deal with FDA audits.

Do good in either one and you might have opportunities to move up or move to other areas. My daughter was in an internship for Occupational Therapist. Her company has multiple offices, they were ecstatic when she said she wanted to work part time while at school 2 hours away. They have an office 15 minutes away and were looking for part time OT/PT aides. She works 3 days a week and covers shifts others can't. Office by home can't wait for her to come for summer/winter etc and already offered work if she wants it.

2 different fields. Only you know which one appeals to you more. It doesn't sound like the pay is worth the stress involved being a pharm tech. Are you thinking career or stepping stone?
More of a career. Either could do that and both are 40 hours but the pharmacy tech seems to have overwhelmingly negative feedback.

I'm just thinking old school (because I am). Lengthy resume means job hopping a lot. Past posts iirc were that you live in your van, have gym membership to utilize showers. You wouldn't give up the van life because you liked the transient travelling around lifestyle not being committed to a job or area.

From a manager that interviews and hires there are many red flags to a resume like that for me and my requirements. The skills my employees need require lengthy hands on training for proper equipment operation. I also need to make sure employees follow standard SOP's etc as we deal with FDA audits.

Do good in either one and you might have opportunities to move up or move to other areas. My daughter was in an internship for Occupational Therapist. Her company has multiple offices, they were ecstatic when she said she wanted to work part time while at school 2 hours away. They have an office 15 minutes away and were looking for part time OT/PT aides. She works 3 days a week and covers shifts others can't. Office by home can't wait for her to come for summer/winter etc and already offered work if she wants it.
It really depends on what field you're in. Sure, having a profession in chemistry is going to have less jobs on a resume, due to the fact that chemistry jobs are sophisticated. Not many can fill chemistry roles. Retail in general has high turnover. It comes down to how good the company you work for is and how your superiors are such as rule Regional and District Managers. Most staff in retail including managers stay a max of 4 years before moving onto another retail company, due to varying factors such as being burned out, or the entire site getting a clean house due to a sudden store management change.

They count pills under the guide of a pharmacist. A pharmacist is responsible for looking at prescription dosages and comparing and contrasting what medications the patient is currently on to establish is there are any dangerous interactions.
Because the doctor who gave the prescription can't?

Seems like a job without a purpose these days. Not like they're blending the mess up like 100yrs ago.

Seems like a job without a purpose these days. Not like they're blending the mess up like 100yrs ago.
Redundancy, a doctor can screw up a dosage or prescribe a drug that’ll negatively interact with another drug the patient is taking and the pharmacist will catch it. They are only human.

It's based on the profession of the medical professional. It can't all be tied in all together. Perhaps it was decades ago, but now you have to hold a DDS or DMD degree to do any in dental procedure. MD is obviously what we all see for routine checkups, as well as NP and PA titles which act as a doctor in a way but under the supervision of a MD. RPH have more in in depth knowledge of chemistry. The only titles that could truly be merged into one singular title is NP and PA merge with MD.

Back